D&D III movie trailer

hopeless

Adventurer
Oops right a title...

Yes death to Snails and rogues who leave their rope behind and forget they can climb walls or go down them with rope and the fact he would have taken less damage by jumping than having purple lips beat him up first!
So who thought it was about a dragon hunt except with swordmages?

Sysbase

First Post
Something along those lines

Yes death to Snails and rogues who leave their rope behind and forget they can climb walls or go down them with rope and the fact he would have taken less damage by jumping than having purple lips beat him up first!
So who thought it was about a dragon hunt except with swordmages?

I knew it would be something along those lines. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
w00t.gif

Wonka

First Post
Ok unless I fail at reading, I didnt see ANYONE mention what has the be the best part of this video: Where he goes to cross swords with Dr. Doom to defend his lady's honor, and decides "The hell with this!" and just punches him in the face. Classic. This is so bad its amazing, Ive watched it 3 times now and I feel both strangly unable to stop watching and dirty :)

It doesn't work as D&D because there's just one protagonist rather than a group.

Not totally true! There is a scene somewhere in there near the end (no timer on the thing, so not sure the exact time) where our dashing young swordsman is stalking something with his band of compatriots: The Pirate, The Old Man, and some other guy I cant come up with a cheesy name for at the moment :)

Last edited:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Has anyone tried to mute the video and play a different song to it to see how it fits? Someone on that deconstruction blog gave me the idea, it's proving difficult. Just about any song placed with the images will be amusing, but it'd be nice to find one that fits really well, synching vocals with when it shows him singing, and so forth.

I think I found a pretty good one, and unlike my other attempts, it's a song most people know! Try out Michael Bolton's "Go the Distance" with the video. Start the video when the Bolton song is 17-18 seconds in. It matches up pretty darn well, especially the middle and end portions. The videos next to each other, for ease of trial:

[sblock]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDyDz8WeiM4]YouTube - "SHINE ON ME" Music Video by CHRIS DANE OWENS[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkULXQbxUxs]YouTube - Michael Bolton - Go the Distance - Hercules[/ame]
[/sblock]

[sblock]Notes so far, mostly for my own reference:
"Gimme Gimme Gimme" by E-Rotic synchs amazingly well if you let the video start ~8 seconds before the song. Just about every one of the triple-screen portions, where the screen fills one third at a time, even matches perfectly with the refrain "Gimme Gimme Gimme."

"Gamble Rumble" works alright if you delay the video 5 seconds, though then you have about ten extra seconds of song fade-out after the video still.

Man, I REALLY wanted "In My Dreams" by Dokken to fit. I started Dokken 4 seconds early and it synchs well, except for the vocal shots at 2:10 and 2:24, those are just impossible to fit. :([/sblock]

Last edited:

Demmero

Explorer
OK, I'm too lazy to read through the whole thread so I'm just gonna ask it:

Did anyone else think that the lead hero/singer looked like the love child of Ben Stiller and Legalos of LotR fame? *^

* Legalos was a chick, right?

^ And I'm by no means trying to impugn the fine body of work that has characterized Mr. Stiller's career (especially Zoolander) by mentioning him in the same breath as the pieces of crap that were the two D&D movies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads