• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Insider Platinum edition

For the low price of $300 for 12 months you get access to the real Character Builder, which includes factota, half-flumphs, and giant space hamsters as a playable race. Plus you get a black & white illustration of your character done by one of WotC's artists (though you have to go up to the Astral Diamond membership if you want Wayne Reynolds or Todd Lockwood), and a 24 hour hotline you can call to have the Character Builder coders implement your house rules for you.

What do you want D&D Insider to include?

SoulsFury

Explorer
For $300, D&Di would have to allow me to speak into a microphone and it would automatically update the Character Builder according to what I say. Also, it would have to print out and next day ship all my character sheets so that I don't have to spent $30 on printer cartridges every couple of months. The builder and monster compendium deal would have to be updated the second books were released as well, plus be editable by my voice like mentioned above. There would have to be a VTT so that I could play online D&D, and I would also like my own domain name for my campaign that includes my own discussion board for my PBP campaign. Custom email addresses would be included. Custom character drawings by the greats would be included for free, as would at least 1 painting of a memorable campaign moment every year.

Sounds good... lets get this working WotC.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
My personal Gary Gygax DM support AI:

"Did you perchance forego using Appendix E?"
"A similar situation cropped up in our Keep on the Borderlands test adventure. When Rary defeated Mordenkainen and began to wear him like a hat, Vecna took notice and..."
"If you would have passed on using too many mechanics, the creativity of your players would have resolved this situation - or their status as living beings, depending on their actions."
"I devised a similar setup in one of my bigger dungeons, but the bodies of my player characters piled so high that all the entrances became blocked. It remains unexplored because of that reason."

Get going, Wotc.

erleni

First Post
And I want a program that runs on my holo-deck to really play my PC.

plus regular free pizza deliveries at every session...

Dice4Hire

First Post
Totally invisible. If it had no links to it, no advertisements, and no internet presence at all, it would be worth 300.00 to me.

And I want a program that runs on my holo-deck to really play my PC.

plus regular free pizza deliveries at every session...

Actually, a friend of mine thought this would be an excellent XBox 360 promotion. You register with XBOX Live, give them your address, and list your favorite pizza toppings. Then, when you're playing Call of Duty and get a care package, if it's during business hours there's a 1-in-x-thousand chance that your care package includes not only a sentry gun, but also a message telling you to enjoy your free pizza, courtesy of Microsoft.

Half an hour later, a pizza arrives at your door. If someone kills you while you get up to get your pizza, they get an achievement: Avoid the Noid.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bri0SA7FTf4]YouTube - Dominos Pizza - Avoid the Noid ad from 1988[/ame]

Dausuul

Legend
Well, first off, all electronic tools provided by DDI need to, y'know, work.

A custom character sketch by an in-house artist would be nice bonus. Not necessarily a full-color finished piece--aside from the question of whether $300 would cover the cost of that, not all of us have color printers--but just a quick pencil sketch. Be sure to give us a menu of styles to choose from, with "realistic" as an option (i.e., armor and clothing look like practical things you could wear in real life, character is proportioned like a human instead of a huge-fisted elephant-footed mutant, weapon is only covered in spiky bits if it's a morning star, etc.).

The ability to request support for specific house rules. I'm thinking, you can propose a house rule; somebody on the software team verifies that it's technically feasible; then it goes on a list where all platinum DDI users can vote for the ones they like. Each month, whichever house rule has the most votes gets implemented as a DDI option (checkbox to turn on or off), like inherent bonuses.

Likewise, the ability to vote on proposals submitted by freelancers to Dragon and Dungeon.

Live CustServ chat support, such that you can be in the middle of a game and get answers instantly. (I don't know that I would ever use this, but it'd be nice to know it was available.)

Last edited:

UnknownAtThisTime

First Post
Chris Perkins as DM of a weekly game.

And actually, that was the question I was going to pose for another thread, how much would you pay for the 'DM of your choice" to run a weekly game for you. I think answers would range from 0 to fairly high.

But seriously, for 300 per year I am easy:
  • Dragon & Dungeon articles completed on time, and compiled as pdf monthly. They should be mostly well written
  • My choice of the old off line character builder (with updates) or the new.
  • an off line monster builder
  • an off line encounter builder (that integrates in to ...)
  • a VTT that works perfectly and has no additional cost
  • a TOP NOTCH campaign web site that I populate
  • "Premier Support" (ie head of the line, assigned rep, etc)
  • Adventures that integrate automatically with said VTT. I can buy the adventures. Ones in Dungeon would integrate free.
  • ONLINE (not download) access ot the compleat library of material in compendium AND 'native' form.
  • free Virtual Gazebo Use

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Actually, a friend of mine thought this would be an excellent XBox 360 promotion. You register with XBOX Live, give them your address, and list your favorite pizza toppings. Then, when you're playing Call of Duty and get a care package, if it's during business hours there's a 1-in-x-thousand chance that your care package includes not only a sentry gun, but also a message telling you to enjoy your free pizza, courtesy of Microsoft.

Half an hour later, a pizza arrives at your door. If someone kills you while you get up to get your pizza, they get an achievement: Avoid the Noid.

Didn't Everquest allow you to order pizza in-game, and it would be delivered?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads