• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D is so METAL

Fishbone

First Post
D&D has always been blacker than the blackest black...times infinity.
Wasn't that the stereotype of the D&D player throughout the 80s anyhow, a metalhead, possibly a pothead?

redmagerush

First Post
Prince of Happiness said:
:D If it got cute indie rock girls into my game, I'd be all for it. I live in one of those neighborhoods where they gather...and...damn.

We've gotten a couple to play around here. Most of the girls we get to play though are more like the hardcore/punk variety, who scare me sometimes.

But really, a campaign built around Decemberists songs would be fun.

redmagerush said:
We've gotten a couple to play around here. Most of the girls we get to play though are more like the hardcore/punk variety, who scare me sometimes.

But really, a campaign built around Decemberists songs would be fun.

Nice!

Dungeons & The Shins. :p

Thurbane

First Post
I'm a 9th level Ronnie James Dio

7ynole9.jpg

Asmor

First Post
3 Inches of Blood - Advance and Vanquish - Destroy the Orcs said:
Kill the orcs, slay the orcs, destroy the orcs

You returned late home that night
Evidence all around you from the fight
You see your family's blood spilled on the ground
Theres no trace of the orcs to be found

Take the broadsword in your hand
Follow the orcs to their camp
You will have vengeance in blood
With their heads they will pay the price

Spill blood
Spill blood
On their trail we hunt them tirelessly
Spill blood
Spill blood
Bloodshed eases their loss
Spill their blood

Their decapitation
Leads to the cessation
Of the sadness
Of the woe
Blood
Spill their blood

Is D&D metal or is metal D&D?

Actually, now that I think about it, this isn't very D&D-like... First of all, every PC's family has been dead for years before the campaign starts... And even more egregious-- while there's plenty of killing, there's no mention of taking the orcs' stuff!

Heathens!

I was wondering when this was going to come out.

“When D&D started, Gary Gygax was influenced by simple pulp adventure fiction. For him it was about dungeon adventuring. D&D, especially the second edition with Dragonlance and all that stuff, got really into creating a saga, and to me that lost the original spirit of D&D. When dungeon masters started creating these epic world-saving fantasy stories, I think D&D lost its way. I see a parallel between old D&D and people who keep to that spirit, and old metal and the people who keep to the spirit of that. I prefer my D&D to be more necro and cult.”

Remove ads