First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Comedy is hard.
"Tell me about it, bro!"
dane.jpg

(God, I freakin' hate this guy...)

Elf Witch

First Post
I agree totally. Sometimes when I read complaints like this I feel like okay okay why don't we just throw out the DMs dice and let the PC be the only one who can do something with a consquence.

Wormwood

Adventurer
Elf Witch said:
I agree totally. Sometimes when I read complaints like this I feel like okay okay why don't we just throw out the DMs dice and let the PC be the only one who can do something with a consquence.

Oh, you mean like how I've been doing it in Eden's Buffy RPG for years?

Because it turns out that that's a pretty fun concept once you get into it.

Doug McCrae

Legend
Elf Witch said:
why don't we just throw out the DMs dice
Why don't we just throw out the DM? Seriously, I'm thinking DMless D&D could work.

Players decide on the adventure, what monsters they want to face, traps and such. Wouldn't be that different from sandbox-style play. Maybe a set of cards to generate the plot twist halfway through.

EATherrian

First Post
Doug McCrae said:
"The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching." – Assyrian tablet, c. 2800 BC. (I got it from a CCG text box.)

That is my favorite quote. And as an aspiring writer I enjoy my addition to the equation of doom that much more.

EATherrian

First Post
I prefer one of the true coddling games, like Traveller, where you may not even live through the character creation process. Of course in MegaTraveller Advanced Character Creation was a game in and of itself.

Remove ads