D&D Minis: Preview 2

Raith5

Adventurer
The ranger abilities look pretty awesome: Bloody critical (crit bloodied opponents on an 18 or above) really feeds into the striker role.

The cleric of pelor's "combat healing" ability looks like the clearest statement yet of how healing looks like it going to work in 4th ed.

Frostmarrow

First Post
I like the new factions. The fighter is civilized or borderlander; the cleric is civilized; and the ranger is borderlander or wild.

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
I wonder if that recharge on the fighter's Death Blow is indicative of some way of recharging certain maneuvers...

I also wonder how/if something similar to Bloody Critical would be implemented as a PC ability. Class ability? Class-specific talent? Incredibly overpowered feat? ;)

Voss

First Post
I'd really like to see the other side of those cards :)

The everfrost ranger doesn't seem all that well dressed for a cold environment. Chain mail, no sleeves and a cloak that barely reaches the knees doesn't strike me as cold weather gear.

Peter Lee

First Post
PoeticJustice said:
Not a terribly important point, but do we know whether or not the new mini RPG cards will use 3.5 or 4E rules?

The roleplaying side for the Dungeons of Dread cards are based on the 4th edition rules.

Beckett

Explorer
Sonny said:
along with the return of the mystery silhouette.

Hadn't noticed the silhouettes when I looked earlier. Hrm.

The top left one puts me in the mind of the Angel of Vengeance mini, so another angel perhaps? Third down on the left side looks like an ettin, and second one in from the left on the bottom row kinda looks like a mind flayer.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases