D&D Movie/TV D&D Movie Delayed to 2023

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
Apparently parts of the movie have already been filmed!

That could be good or bad news.

When they were filming "The Hobbit", they did reshoots like 2 or 3 years later for scenes with Báin, and as he was at that just right age, he looks wildly different from scene to scene across The Battle of the Five Armies as a result (since he got his growth spurt in-between shoots).

Delays can be really useful, even after shooting has begun, though. More time to breathe and develop the story and get it just right is not a bad thing.

MarkB

Legend
One line in the Iceland article stands out to me:

So a question for those familiar with film production:

What might this mean? What parts of a movie would be filmed with stand-ins rather than the actors themselves?
These days? Practically any of them. Digitally compositing an actor's face over a stand-in or stunt double was pioneered as far back as Jurassic Park, and these days it can be done essentially seamlessly.

Interesting re: Iceland. It says they filmed "recently", which means it's going to definitely be ice & snow stuff, rather than green-but-rugged stuff.
Iceland also has ash plains. Maybe we are going to Hell?
1618483104578.png

It could be used as multiple locations. One of the reasons it's popular as a filming location.

After "cheap" and "has good tax breaks".

Iceland also has ash plains. Maybe we are going to Hell?
View attachment 135556
It could be used as multiple locations. One of the reasons it's popular as a filming location.

After "cheap" and "has good tax breaks".
I guess my question re: the ash plains is, do they look like that in Jan/Feb/Mar? Because I've seen photos of them with a lot of snow, and given that news shows Iceland was pretty snowy in Jan/Feb/Mar (albeit by my low UK standards) I'd guess they'd be snowy still. That said maybe not, I dunno if they're really warm and melt it or something.

I guess my question re: the ash plains is, do they look like that in Jan/Feb/Mar? Because I've seen photos of them with a lot of snow, and given that news shows Iceland was pretty snowy in Jan/Feb/Mar (albeit by my low UK standards) I'd guess they'd be snowy still. That said maybe not, I dunno if they're really warm and melt it or something.
Dunno. There are certainly thermal pools and the like where any snow would melt.

They might just want a bunch of extras who can bring their own horned helmets. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases