D&D Movie/TV D&D Movie Plot Revealed

mflayermonk

First Post
This is from "How to Make a Movie Out of Anything — Even a Mindless Phone Game" from the NY Times Magazine

Goldner is the president of Hasbro.

"Goldner says the key to making movies from board games and toys is to ‘‘focus on understanding the universal truth about the brand.’’ For example, the Ouija board comes with rules relating to its paranormal mythology: Always say ‘‘goodbye’’ at the end of a session; never take it into a graveyard. ‘‘If you remember the movies,’’ he says, ‘‘all those rules are broken — and what results is a very scary situation.’’

Well I guess we all know what is going to happen in the D&D movie: they are going to split the party.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Kender. Kender everywhere.

Zillions of 'em, Mr. Rico.

Meteor Swarm them from a Spelljammer, it's the only way to be sure.

BoldItalic

First Post
Maybe it sometimes cuts to a DM behind a screen, who has memorable catch-phrases like "*Evil Cackle*", "Roll for Initiative" and "Are you sure you want to do that?"

Print those on the merchandise (T-shirts, mugs, fluffy DM dolls, ...) and you're home and dry.

schnee

First Post
If they don't pull an AD&D stunt like 'trick the Hill Giant to squeeze himself into a narrow passageway then cast Enlarge so his remains shoot out like a tube toothpaste filled with beef stew' then I'm asking for my money back.

If it doesn't feature a Druid turning into a female Brown Bear in heat to lure an angry male Brown Bear out of the cavern so they can go in and loot bodies I'll be furious.

If they don't include a scene that has the party arguing over a) who draws the map, b) who keeps track of the burned-out torches, and c) why 'we have to have the damn torches at all because 5 of the 6 members have Darkvision but oh, no, the human Paladin just had to stick along so we can't even steal stuff in his presence' I'll be disappointed.

D&D is all about clever methods of murder, crazy stunts, and petty arguments. Not drama. Not emotion. Not heroism. It's about weird murderhobo shenanigans.

I don't see the movie succeeding unless they take my advice. :cool:

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases