D&D 5E D&D Next Art Column: June! And July!

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
The Quadruped looks the most like an actual animal.
The Original looks most like an experiment run amok.

I don't like the track two. It doesn't look like a bear at all.

Why has no one ever made a variant owlbear that can fly?

If it could fly it would look more like this:
Merissi Studios: Owlbear Re-Concept
Which is also an ok look.

Personally, I think we need to figure out what an owlbear is before it gets drawn up.

I am a fan of the "horrible crime against nature" Idea. Then you could use it as a brute guard-animal with senses good enough to foil most rogues. Which is something a crazy wizard would totally have in their tower. Just put some emphasis the arms, claws, and the head. Make it look more like a weapon than an animal.

Chris_Nightwing

First Post
Quadraped! Something of that mass has to go around on all-fours. If it were lighter, more feathery, maybe it could be more like an owl (but then it would have wings) - a bearowl if you will.

Arytiss

First Post
The quadruped was my favourite of all those presented. I'd be interested in seeing what it looked like rearing up on to its hind legs.

avin

First Post
No matter what model is chosen, it's VERY clever using different colors for creatures/monsters, adapting them to the environment they live.

This adds some realism to the game and that kind of stuff is welcome.

Look at all those Owl faces... Owlbears in my game for sure reflect that in shape and color.

Do that Jon!

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Oh ya....thats what I'm talking about.

You can never have enough owlbear.

(and its the quadraped...but standing, bearlike, and with a bigger beak--thats right--so it looks more like the first one).

Gold Roger

First Post
None of these owlbears has the eyes of a proper owl. That can't be right.

From the options given, I like the new versions of the original and the quadruped. The ones of the first article are really overthinking it.

Yes the owlbear is a silly monster, but I love my silly monsters.

Hussar

Legend
Yeah, I'm going to vote with the majority here. I like the Grizzowl - the quadruped or the right hand remake of the original (can't recall the name and too lazy to look it up).

Thing is, if the Grizzowl stood up, I think it would look a lot like the reworked originals.

And yup, hate the Track 2 monster.

Hussar

Legend
Yeah, I'm going to vote with the majority here. I like the Grizzowl - the quadruped or the right hand remake of the original (can't recall the name and too lazy to look it up).

Thing is, if the Grizzowl stood up, I think it would look a lot like the reworked originals.

And yup, hate the Track 2 monster.

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
Grizzowl- feathers instead of fur is a great Owlbear. But not nice owl-y feathers dinosaur feathers, stringy patchy feathers like the latest visions of velociraptors. Think of the mangy spectacled bear Klaus linked last month with feathers and a beak.

Remove ads