• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D&D Next weekly art column!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickleaf

Legend
Just wanted to say that your article on the Wizards site was great Jon, very earnest, very refreshing.

Since when do artists write so well?

I thought artists were supposed to twirl moustaches at cafes in Paris and say "It's a rhinoceros!"

Klaus

First Post
Since when do artists write so well?

I thought artists were supposed to twirl moustaches at cafes in Paris and say "It's a rhinoceros!"

Hey! [MENTION=71815]OhGodtheRats[/MENTION] also writes! Me, I just twirl my goatee. It's eviler!

:D

Glad to see Jon here, and thanks everyone for the positive feedback this thread is providing!

Klaus

First Post
Going back to "Positive Feedback", here are some of the best images from 4e's Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons:

[sblock]
Steve Prescott brings the EPIC in this image of Io facing down against Erek-Hus, the King of Terror:
117670_CN_GL.jpg

The Purplespawn Abomination, by Devon Caddy-Lee, lives up to the name. It feels repulsive, deadly and quick in taking down a drow:
117744_CN_GL.jpg

Sensibly-dressed adventurers in a fully-realized environment, with a dragon lurking about!
117703_CN_GL.jpg

This adventurer looks very competent, with great, down-to-earth design and hints at subtle magic from the dragon's heart. Devon Caddy-Lee does it again!
117702_CN_GL.jpg

This full battle scene wouldn't be out of place in any number of "Best of D&D Art" compilations! Kudos to Vincent Proce!
117734_CN_GL.jpg

Eva Widerman kicks ass with this energetic rendering of a brown dragon emerging for the kill! She leaves enough room to let the figures "breathe", adding to the scale of the beast.
117735_CN_GL.jpg

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Yora

Legend
The uploader does not allow for linking. You need to reupload them sowhere else and change the links.

Yora

Legend
They work for you, because you just visited the site and still have the images in your browsers cache. When you have this thread open, your browser does not attempt to load the images again from the server through a link, but takes them immediately from the cache, so you won't notice that loading the images through external links doesn't work.

Edit: No, it's a different issue: You're linking to images that can be only accesed by registered (and presumedly subscribed) users.

Yora

Legend
Problem is, that his art has a very strong "4th Ed" style, and it's probably a good idea to make the editions visually distinct from each other.

Klaus

First Post
They work for you, because you just visited the site and still have the images in your browsers cache. When you have this thread open, your browser does not attempt to load the images again from the server through a link, but takes them immediately from the cache, so you won't notice that loading the images through external links doesn't work.

Edit: No, it's a different issue: You're linking to images that can be only accesed by registered (and presumedly subscribed) users.
I thought only the compiled ZIP file was behind the paywall, but you're right, it's a subscriber issue. Alas, I can't upload them elsewhere. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads