D&D 5E D&D Promises to Make the Game More Queer

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshinminn

Explorer
Love this. D&D manages to lead the way again. I fully support the WOTC team putting efforts towards making the game clearly and boldly open and welcoming to all. If someone doesn't like it, they can play it however they want at their table.

Sent from my SM-G935V using EN World mobile app

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
You don't seem to be having any trouble responding. I don't know why he's any different. It isn't like he's been banned or anything. I'd be interested in his response if he has one, but not if it's a repetition of what he has already said post after post because that would mean he hadn't bothered to read my response to him. Primarily, I posted what I did because I had something to say and hadn't seen that anyone had said it quite the way I wanted to, not because I wanted to get into an argument.

Nah man. I'm walking bare foot all over a bunch of d4's here just trying to communicate at all. You are asking a man to respond to a misrepresentation of his beliefs without being able to clarify those beliefs because the language to do so has been taken away. Yea... I wouldn't expect him to respond.

FrogReaver

Society. And each individual in society. And when the two of those come into conflict due to religion, politics, family, or friends, one must examine their own moral compass and determine where their loyalties and values truly align.

FWIW, I didn't find the use of the now banned terminology to be radically offensive. The comparison of any hypothetical discomfort caused by their perceived deviancy relative to the likes of Nazis or pedophiles or the KKK is much more egregious, IMO, but that's just my own moral compass speaking. YMMV.

Please be aware any comparisons to groups you believe are too deviant to even mention in the same sentence as gays were done so because of your sides all encompassing remarks against any intolerance and so on. As those have toned down and gotten more nuanced those kinds of questions and points have stopped being brought up.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
Nah man. I'm walking bare foot all over a bunch of d4's here just trying to communicate at all. You are asking a man to respond to a misrepresentation of his beliefs without being able to clarify those beliefs because the language to do so has been taken away. Yea... I wouldn't expect him to respond.

I haven't misrepresented him. Do you feel that I have? What I posted was in direct response to the point he was making for most of the thread. I'm pretty sure I got what he meant, and I'd much rather he respond to that and not to any misrepresentations he most certainly addressed earlier in the thread. That's just treading over the same ground rather than advancing the conversation. Regardless, I said what I had to say. Whether someone responds is up to them. I'm not expectng anyone to do so, and I don't see how it's a faux pas to respond to what someone has posted for pages and pages in a public forum by posting a response in the same forum for all to see. He has already used the now-banned words to make his point, which is the point to which I responded. I'm sure he's capable of rendering a response without repeating himself, and if not, I won't lose any sleep over it.

FrogReaver

I haven't misrepresented him. Do you feel that I have? What I posted was in direct response to the point he was making for most of the thread. I'm pretty sure I got what he meant, and I'd much rather he respond to that and not to any misrepresentations he most certainly addressed earlier in the thread. That's just treading over the same ground rather than advancing the conversation. Regardless, I said what I had to say. Whether someone responds is up to them. I'm not expectng anyone to do so, and I don't see how it's a faux pas to respond to what someone has posted for pages and pages in a public forum by posting a response in the same forum for all to see. He has already used the now-banned words to make his point, which is the point to which I responded. I'm sure he's capable of rendering a response without repeating himself, and if not, I won't lose any sleep over it.

The rules changed in the middle of that discussion...

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
The amusing thing is that Paizo did this about a decade ago, for the same reasons, and the world didn't explode.

Ristamar

Adventurer
Please be aware any comparisons to groups you believe are too deviant to even mention in the same sentence as gays were done so because of your sides all encompassing remarks against any intolerance and so on. As those have toned down and gotten more nuanced those kinds of questions and points have stopped being brought up.

I don't need to be ascribed to a side, thank you. My comments are my own.

I do realize my reply is a bit late after things escalated, however, so I understand and duly note the desire to not discuss those points any further.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
The rules changed in the middle of that discussion...

So? If you can't make your point without using loaded terms for the motives behind editorial decisions with which you disagree, then maybe the point isn't worth making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads