D&D 5E D&D Promises to Make the Game More Queer

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I live in the Midwest. If you think that straight men don't like to announce how incredibly straight they are, you're lying.

They do that with one another. Ever notice how they don't do that openly once a few girls walk up to the group?

Ganymede81

First Post
Now you see that I don't mind. They're not gay to be gay, the focus isn't on the fact that they're gay, they just... are.

But I don't expect that sort of subtlety (not the right word. Precision? Tact?) from anyone claiming to try and be "queer-friendly".

Curse of Strahd is Exhibit A in the case against this, though.

Jeremy Crawford was the managing editor of that adventure, and none of the weird "it'll be in-your-face" scenarios came to pass. I mean, there is a flamboyant parade at one point, but none of the adventure's GLBT characters come within 10 miles of it.

People might worry that "it'll be in your face," "it'll be political," and "it's for an agenda," but those worries simply aren't supported by facts.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
They do that with one another. Ever notice how they don't do that openly once a few girls walk up to the group?

I also live in the Mid West. I've noticed them aggressively hitting on the girls when they walk up to them. (The setting does make a difference, and it's obviously not 100% of the time. But I've seen it happen a lot.)

S

Sunseeker

Not really. If you dress a certain way or talk a certain way your pretty much lumped in as being gay or at least probably gay speculation arises... at least where I'm from.

LOL WOW. Just, WOW. I mean I honestly have no words to express just how straight, white and privileged this statement is.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Curse of Strahd is Exhibit A in the case against this, though.

Jeremy Crawford was the managing editor of that adventure, and none of the weird "it'll be in-your-face" scenarios came to pass. I mean, there is a flamboyant parade at one point, but none of the adventure's GLBT characters come within 10 miles of it.

People might worry that "it'll be in your face," "it'll be political," and "it's for an agenda," but those worries simply aren't supported by facts.
Weren't you just saying that that adventure was to in-your-face with the heterosexual relationship?

I mean yes, it's nice that in can be tactfully done, but a big announcement like this is just asking for publishers who don't really care to start putting in token characters rather than LGBT people.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Because it was relevant to the discussion at hand.

Only to you. The rest of us could manage to hold this conversation perfectly fine without hearing all about your heterosexuality and your maleness. Shouldn't you keep that sort of thing to yourself?

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I also live in the Mid West. I've noticed them aggressively hitting on the girls when they walk up to them. (The setting does make a difference, and it's obviously not 100% of the time. But I've seen it happen a lot.)

Hitting a girl is not announcing your heterosexuality. Hitting on a girl is hitting on a girl.

Why exactly do gay people hit on people the same sex as them again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads