D&D Renders

Fenes

First Post
Ah, I'll have to look into that program. So far, I am "constructing" objects by taking existing objects and chaning their dimensions and color in Daz Studio, but that's a bit too limited.

Try Mudbox, it's easier, thougb it and Zbrush are for organic objects, not vehciles., buildings etc.

I use Rhino3D for making Spelljammer ships etc, a cheaper alternative is Hexagon or Moment of Inspiration.

This is trial version of Vue 6 Infinite: http://www.e-onsoftware.com/try/vue_6_ple/
(not sure if trial verison lets you patch it, but vue 6 needs a recent build/patch for it to work right..I warn of this because old versions were very unstable, lol)
Awesome program, vastly better than DAZ studio for renders :)
Just export DAZ Studio item as .obj model, import into Vue.
Vue can import Poser scenes directly.

ALso try Carrara and Bryce if wish, I think Bryce can now import directly DAZ studio scenes?

Fenes

First Post
It's a very versatile prop, and free from Yanelis. I use it for portals, gates, dimension doors, scrying screens (with another render as skin), even for holographic virtual screens in SF renders (again with another picture instead of the "water" skin).

Fenes

First Post
Those renders here are illustrations for the very start of my current campaign, back in 2E:

You all meet in a tavern...

Open the door!

Why did you open the door! Watch out, Cone of Cold!

Death... cures even curses.

Sword of the Dales: Found!

Sword of the Dales: Lost!

Fighting Kidnappers Part 1: Half the party discovers their lair

Fighting Kidnappers Part 2: The other half of the party tries to rescue the first half.

Fighting Kidnappers Part 3: Only one enemy left between us and freedom... watch where you throw that fieeeeeeah! (Natural 1s when firing into melee are bad things...)

Fighting Pirates with Fire

Meeting more pirates

Oh, we found a genie!

I thought Genies created treasure, and did not steal it from the next mage with demons at his call!

Is it a good idea to pay them to leave us be, and tell them we've got a price on our head, and that we're staying in the town nearby?

Why do those attackers look so familiar?

I know the way, trust me!

It's a trap!

Hello... do you know where we are?

Run, bandits, run!

I didn't know wolves came in that size

Saving a princess from a Coup

Watch out, enemy mage!

Where are we now?

Come on, before they catch us!

Just jump in, it'll work!

Watching the harbor

Riding a Dragon

Halfing Rogue attack

Fenes

First Post
Two more renders I did today:

The first 3E Campaign arc's finale: Attack on the invaders

And the invaders counterattack with vampires

Fenes

First Post
With my weekly campaign now up to date with illustrations (took me over 9 months, over 500 pictures in total!), I started on doing illustrations for the campaign chronicle of my monthly campaign. Here is one of the first:

Watching a fighter walk by in an inn.

Last edited:

Remove ads