• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D&D Spellbook Cards Preview

GameDoc

Explorer
Has anyone seen these for sale yet? They were scheduled for release this month… :confused:

Hmmm, so in outsourcing supplemental products to third parties, WoTC appears to have outsourced failure to deliver said products on time and avoid the ire that came from the early DDI offerings. Well played, Wizards. Well played. ;)

Ilbranteloth

Explorer
Wizards, warlocks, and sorcerers have 230 spells.

Druids have 110 spells.

Clerics have 106 spells.

Bards have 120 spells.

Paladins have 44 spells.

Rangers have 46 spells.

Depends on your campaign! I've mined the earlier editions of the games for my players, so the ranger list is 134 spells, druids about double that. And no, I'm not going to count up the wizard spells.

Of course, they don't get to just pick from those lists, but they'll end up with a lot of them over time.

Yes, I love the spell cards, and it hits an area that they've always been trying to find - products to sell to the players instead of just the DMs. I'll probably pick them up anyway as the common spells for each class and make my own for the other spells they can find.

Randy

Plenty of time left in the month. Autumn is also scheduled for September, but it's not here yet for some reason. Must be that the seasons are running late. :/
Probably referring more to the products that were supposed to be out in August that still don't even have a release date, although I agree that calling it a failure is harsh. (ETA: Saw that you were replying to a different message than I thought you were. Reading fail, sorry.)

Personally, I would be happy with at least some sort of release date being announced. Big announcements in early August just weeks before the products were supposed to be in stores, and now just "coming soon" with no new information. Although to be clear, I think it's silly to go overboard and call it a failure. I, for one, am not upset at the lack of information, I'm just eager. :)

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I am almost positive that the creation/release of these things is the reason for the much complained about organization of spells in the PHB.

"Oh? It's difficult to find spells or know what spells go to what classes? We hadn't noticed...Well here! We've got these nifty little card packets...Made 'em juuuust for you...Look how convenient! You only have to get the ones for the class[es] you're playing/using. you'll never be confused by the spell list again." <heh.heh.heh.> "Eh Joe! Tell the bean-counters down in accounting to get ready to start hittin' the 'add' button." --WotC

Lawngnome4hire

First Post
Glad they finally responded to something. They haven't responded to the people asking the same questions on their facebook page for a couple weeks.

weldon

Explorer
Plenty of time left in the month. Autumn is also scheduled for September, but it's not here yet for some reason. Must be that the seasons are running late. :/

Love the snark, but you're off by a month. The first sets were due in late August and the rest in late September. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious, but I think they are just running late.

Sorrowdusk

First Post
Well, they already seem more useful than the oft-errata'd, never-complete sets of 4E power cards. Damn though, they're milking it! They couldn't just sell one big deck with all the spells?

Ah, they'll probably get their money outta me...

EDIT: Looking through their store, I can only hope their prices are more reasonable for cards than they are for everything else. (I don't do minis anymore because of the prices. Minis will run ya broke.) If it's more than $10 per set of cards, to hell with it--I'll make my own damn spell cards!

Heck homebrewing your own might be fun. :lol:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads