D&D 5E D&D Studio Blog, new WoTC developer blog

darjr

I crit!
From WotC:
Welcome to the Dungeons & Dragons Studio Blog! The first issue of this transparency-focused blog comes from Community Lead, Brandy Camel and Executive Producer, Ray Winninger covers the basic ins and outs of the D&D Studio, who we are, and what we’re about.

83DF1B63-6DCC-4E4A-9F37-018D2F0EEA21.jpeg

darjr

I crit!
Ah! This may be part of why they are so secret.
By design, we develop almost twice as many products as we publish. Developing more projects than needed allows us to pick and choose based on how those projects progress; it’s a strategy we use to boost the odds of bringing only the very best concepts to market.

I’d love to see what hits the cutting room floor.

Just saw this on Facebook and came here to see if anyone beat me to posting it. lol

I also see Ray says it is a minimum 12-14 month lead time on published products. That will make the speculation about which UA articles end up in what products more interesting. It also means a UA tested 6-8 months before a book releases may already be mostly set before we even get to try it.

Also, three more books confirmed for the rest of 2021, after Ravenloft releases, plus maybe an extra surprise or two?

It is interesting how about five years ago corporations all decided to shut down their blogs and go over to social media (with an emphasis on Twitter) to communicate.

It is also interesting how in the past year or two so many of them have reinitiated their blogging.

It is a welcome development here even if I had to explain to an almost 20-something what a "blog" was the other day. (It is like a vlog with written words, apparently.)

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Ah! This may be part of why they are so secret.

I’d love to see what hits the cutting room floor.

I wonder if this is where Welch's adventure compilation project died... it would also partly explain why she might have left later, if she felt invested in it.

I wonder if this is where Welch's adventure compilation project died... it would also partly explain why she might have left later, if she felt invested in it.

I think it is dead, but it might still be lurking around there somewhere. After all, with all the recent bad press for WotC dealing with PoC employees/freelancers, killing a project that was done by an all-female team would look pretty bad for them too. Because of that, we will likely never know the final decision on it.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
See also this thread (maybe they should be merged?):

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases