• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D4E] Path of Enlightenment [OOC]

Scotley

Hero
Okay, I made some progress on Ban Lu. Still need to work on rituals and stat out his attacks, but he's pretty much ready to go. I have a couple of questions.

Languages? Are the usual racial languages even available? Maybe Draconic? Will we use common or some form of Chinese as the default language?

What about Deities?

Haven't had a chance to listen to the music clips yet, but it seems like a great idea.

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=Helfdan]
It sound good too, the choice is yours. [/sblock]

About languages: There are four dialects, each one from each region of the known world, now unified under the Great Empire. One of them is the one used as common.
The northern dialect is known as Fo Ian
The eastern dialect is known as To Ian
The western dialect is known as Mi Ian
The official dialect is the common tongue, the Ti Ian

The four are similar but if you don't have the appropriate dialect, you just can perceive a general idea of what is being spoken.
The town folks of the different regions will probably speak in the dialects, wile people in big cities will speak common.

As for deities, I haven't quite figure it out. Make up a hole pantheon is a work that would take far beyond the time I have. So basically I'm opened to suggestions. As a general idea, I propose to use the deitie's properties and powers in the player's handbook, but with different identities. Like saying The Golden Dragon represents Pelor and his powers and properties, speaking in game mechanics.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Well if nightbreeze doesn't show up today, I will npc Kaoru this round.
Also, pay attention Ban Lu, you are going in at any moment.

Koryo will have an update too.

[sblock=WD]
Neccesary background notes:

You study alchemy from old scrolls written by ancient alchemists, in the times of the four nations. You have been collecting those scrolls of ancient knowledge for most of your adult life. Today you have three. One describes the way to make potions; another describes the way of making an oil that ignites when exposed to air. The third has a recipe to make a paste. This paste expands and hardens when exposed to air.

Your search is allways stoped when you ran out of money. That force you to work for nobles, lords, secret societies, crime lords, and the list is quite long.
Basicaly you manufacture weapons, alchemical compounds and the like. After you make your job and get paid, you continue your search.

Your last job was in a nobles house, you were contracted to make a chair that propels itself forward. The nobleman’s father was too old to walk, and his temper didn’t allow anyone to carry him in a wheel chair. You worked there for months, and finally made a prototype. For your like, you used too much gunpowder in it. You wished to taste it with a dummy, but the old man insisted to taste it himself. Sufficient is to say that the earth met the air, and the old man met his ancestors. Luckily for you the disaster produced a fair amount of smoke and confusion, and you could escape easily. As you ran away you heard the noble’s promise to pursuit you to the edge of the world.

With that in mind you kept searching for your scrolls in a place a bit far away from the scene.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
A sampling trip came out this morning like a nasty cold. I'll be out until monday. I tried to update the IC thread before but En world kept given me those "Data base error" messages, and now I'm out of time to write down the big post with updates for Koryo, combat for the first 3 and introduction for Ban Lu.
Sorry for that, and see you on monday.

Walking Dad

First Post
Pending - using blocks from another character.

Celestial Alchemist

[sblock=Stats]
Name Player: WD
Human Artificer XP 0 Level 1
Initiative +0 Senses Normal Vision
Passive Insight 13; Passive Perception 13
HP 26; Bloodied 13; Surge Value 6; Surges Per-Day 9
AC 17; Fortitude 14; Reflex 15; Will 13
Speed 6
Alignment Unaligned
Languages ?

Str 13 Dex 11 Wis 12
Con 14 Int 18 Cha 10

Racial Abilities
Bonus At-Will Power; Bonus Feat; Bonus Skill; Human Defense Bonuses

Class Features
Arcane Replenishment, Healing Infusion, Ritual Casting, ritualbook

At-Will Powers
Thundering Armor, Aggrevating Force, ?

Encounter Powers
Spike Wire

Daily Powers
Caustic Rampart

Utility Powers
-

Feats
Ritualist, Alchemy

Skills
Arcane* +9
Diplomacy* +5
Heal* +6
Perception* +6
History* +9
Thievery* +5

Rituals
Make Whole, Brew Potion

Equipment
Standard adventurers pack (15gp), leather armor (25gp), sling (1gp), 2 daggers (2gp), spear (5gp), ritualbook (class feature),

52gp (Bolts, alchemist's fire, ...)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
Name: ?
Class: Artificer

[sblock=Appearance]
kangthemad.jpg

[/sblock]

Neccesary background notes:

You study alchemy from old scrolls written by ancient alchemists, in the times of the four nations. You have been collecting those scrolls of ancient knowledge for most of your adult life. Today you have three. One describes the way to make potions; another describes the way of making an oil that ignites when exposed to air. The third has a recipe to make a paste. This paste expands and hardens when exposed to air.

Your search is allways stoped when you ran out of money. That force you to work for nobles, lords, secret societies, crime lords, and the list is quite long.
Basicaly you manufacture weapons, alchemical compounds and the like. After you make your job and get paid, you continue your search.

Your last job was in a nobles house, you were contracted to make a chair that propels itself forward. The nobleman’s father was too old to walk, and his temper didn’t allow anyone to carry him in a wheel chair. You worked there for months, and finally made a prototype. For your like, you used too much gunpowder in it. You wished to taste it with a dummy, but the old man insisted to taste it himself. Sufficient is to say that the earth met the air, and the old man met his ancestors. Luckily for you the disaster produced a fair amount of smoke and confusion, and you could escape easily. As you ran away you heard the noble’s promise to pursuit you to the edge of the world.

With that in mind you kept searching for your scrolls in a place a bit far away from the scene.

Personality:
Pending
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
I will go ahead and play Wang Chi... I like the mystical feel of the campaign, and can't really wrap my head around the 'kung-fu barbarian' the ranger was turning out to be. So let's see if these guys get to the big city! :)

Walking Dad

First Post
The artificer lacks an 3rd at-will to take with the human racial ability.

Could I take Scorching Burst from the wizards list, describing them as some sort of molotov coctail?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads