• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&Ders: Medical Doctors, Lawyers, Accountants.

I've gamed with -

• Medical Doctors

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • Lawyers

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Accountants

Votes: 50 34.5%
  • None of the above

Votes: 58 40.0%

Corsair

First Post
I'm a law student.

I've played with:

Government lawyer
med student (who has since gone on to become a doctor)
Medical device programmer
assorted union construction types of various trades
at least one non-union electrician
two security guards
one out of work programmer
one restaurant manager
one military intelligence soldier

1upus

First Post
Members of our gaming group
orthodontist
lawyer
computer programmer x 2
engineers
public servants

no accountants though........

Drowbane

First Post
I've played with all three (I'm none of the above :p).

Accountants, btw, are horrible min/maxers... (ok, so I've only gamed with 3... but none of them could handle so much as Power Attack without having to write it out ahead of time).

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Well in my last group there was a med-student. But he's going to get his degree in half a year so I chose the first.

Henry said:
Screw those -- I've gamed with Physicists before. :D
The best DM I know is a Physicist, currently working towards his Ph.D

I knew another gamer that was a physics grad student, she could do rocket science but she could never figure out how THAC0 worked (this was back in the late 90's, the twilight of 2e).

My last campaign had an old friend of mine in it that was now a lawyer (and was going back to school for his Masters of Library Science so he could be a Law Librarian), and I'm applying for Law School myself. I've known two gamers that are schoolteachers, including my best friend. I've known one that is a paramedic. One that was a submarine nuclear engineer in the Navy, and one that was a tank driver in the army. One of my closest friends is a retired social worker who almost had her Ph.D in Sociology (but had to drop out of the program), and she's been gaming since OD&D.

The number of gamers I know that are programmers or other IT professionals is big, enough to fill several tables.

Twowolves

Explorer
Seems odd to limit the "professional" career options to just those three. Technically then, I don't play with any of those.

However, in my current campaign, past and current players include 3 Scientists (including myself), two Veternarians, two Police Officers and a Teacher (who has a degree in accounting, so I guess he could technically count).

Remove ads