log in or register to remove this ad

 

D&DExp Character Sheets!

pukunui

Hero
mach1.9pants said:
The eladrin also has 2 feats, the ranger:
Defensive Mobility
Lethal Hunter, maybe this is a Ranger bonus feat? Odd that it is not a class feature or a power....
Oh yeah. Didn't see that.

To be honest, I'm not sure I like the halfling feat (Lost in the Crowd). Seems too circumstantial. I thought they were doing away with most of the "little things you have to track", but I'm seeing plenty of those things on the character sheets. Oh well ...
 

log in or register to remove this ad

MaelStorm

First Post
Alignment is pretty much dead as I thought. Good riddance. I think its going to be very rare to see Good or Evil character. Maybe cleric, paladin, and warlock might still want to use it.
 

Sitara

First Post
Oh that was just hype to make you think there are more improvements than before. They need to save stuff for 5e you know, when they will REALLY clean up the system andmake it insanely fast to play. :)
 

mach1.9pants

Adventurer
Sitara said:
Oh that was just hype to make you think there are more improvements than before. They need to save stuff for 5e you know, when they will REALLY clean up the system andmake it insanely fast to play. :)
Yeah, in 5E the DM and the players roll a d20. If the DM is highest he wins, if one of the players is highest the PCs win. w00t- no that is fast combat......:p
Sitara you really don't think much of WotC, do you? ;)
 

Jinete

First Post
ShinRyuuBR said:
Warhammer +6 vs AC; 1d10+3; Versatile (+1 damage when 2 handed)

Does this mean that you don't do more damage when wielding a weapon in two hands, unless it's "Versatile"? That would be kind of strange...
 

mach1.9pants

Adventurer
Jinete said:
Does this mean that you don't do more damage when wielding a weapon in two hands, unless it's "Versatile"? That would be kind of strange...
I dunno, it would just be 'strange' 'cos it is what we are used to in 3E. However I would have to take the word of a weapony martial artist on the board whether using a weapon in 2 hands really would make a big damage difference....although it seems logical.
I know from history that when plate armour became common in Europe 2 handed became the norm (bastard swords and hammers and stuff); but that was to get through the armour. Before that sword (or whatever) and board was the norm.
 

Jinete

First Post
mach1.9pants said:
I dunno, it would just be 'strange' 'cos it is what we are used to in 3E. However I would have to take the word of a weapony martial artist on the board whether using a weapon in 2 hands really would make a big damage difference....although it seems logical.
I know from history that when plate armour became common in Europe 2 handed became the norm (bastard swords and hammers and stuff); but that was to get through the armour. Before that sword (or whatever) and board was the norm.

If strength doesn't scale as much with magic items/buffs as it does in 3e, I guess it's not that big a deal. But if the only benefit of wielding a weapon two handed is +1 to damage, I can't see why anyone should choose 2H fighting over sword and board.
 

Chris_Nightwing

First Post
Jinete said:
If strength doesn't scale as much with magic items/buffs as it does in 3e, I guess it's not that big a deal. But if the only benefit of wielding a weapon two handed is +1 to damage, I can't see why anyone should choose 2H fighting over sword and board.

2H weapons are going to be d10 or d12, and the extra +1 damage too, I suspect. So you are getting a bit more than a 1H weapon, likely some moves for the right character, but not silly stuff like 2xStr and 2xPower Attack and 3e madness.
 

Nytmare

David Jose
pukunui said:
To be honest, I'm not sure I like the halfling feat (Lost in the Crowd). Seems too circumstantial. I thought they were doing away with most of the "little things you have to track", but I'm seeing plenty of those things on the character sheets. Oh well ...

It's meant to encourage the halfling to move around and put himself into positions to get this reward. It's not something a player needs to track if they're always trying to be under the bad guys feet.

Wasn't there some hint about a rogue ability that made your opponent hit an adjacent enemy instead of you?
 

Ulthwithian

First Post
Um, I hate to do this... AGAIN... but where are the other character sheets? I've looked in every blog and forum that I know of connected with DDXP, and I cannot find them. Thanks in advance.

*feeling bad*
 


Ulthwithian

First Post
Hmmm, no Warlord? How very disappointing. I have no fewer than 3 players in my group who are simply dying to see what the Warlord is like, and the omission is... irritating. Oh well, hope one hits today.
 
Last edited:

Anthraxus

Explorer
sukael said:
I find it interesting that the warlock gets a "Wizard Attack 1" power. Built-in cross training? Maybe all classes get something like the Expanded Knowledge class feature some spellcasters do now, letting them every so often pluck a power (of the same type and level) from a different classes' list.

Maybe the Half-elf gets the ability to pick powers from other class lists?
 

Cadfan

First Post
Anthraxus said:
Maybe the Half-elf gets the ability to pick powers from other class lists?
I think the Half Elf gets to pick skills from other class lists. Notice Streetwise and Theivery on a Warlock? That seems... possibly like an import from another class. I could be wrong, but it seems possible.
 

Deverash

First Post
Lurker37 said:
Alternative theory - the Warlock has rituals, but no first-level ones.
Another alternative theory - warlocks can do any arcane ritual, but needs a feat to do be able to do them. Wizards get that feat for free(like rogues get the Trapfinding feat for free).
 

Emirikol

Adventurer
These print out pretty well. I had to shrink the paladin one to 91% though.

Thanks for posting. We look forward to seeing the rest of them.

Jay H
Grateful
 


Zinovia

Explorer
RangerWickett said:
The character sheets posted all have Noun-Noun style last names, just like so many of the 4e monsters and powers.

Redmoon
Ironforge
Duskmeadow

I'm amused.

It's all about that fluffy fantasy feel. It's the same way people come up with guild names in WoW (which is what I made that logo for - not sure if they ever used it). Stuff like "Frozen Twilight" or "Chaotic Dreams", or "My Little PWNy" ;) Golden Wyvern fits that too. Actually I'd rather have a monster with a descriptive name, like a Vicejaw crocodile, rather than a Large Dire Crocodile. /yawn.

I've actually studied onomastics (because I'm a geek). While adjective noun names aren't that common historically speaking, they do show up. Norse names for instance sometimes included nicknames rather than the more common patronymic surnames. The funniest of those was one that translated to "Merchantship-bosom". :D Really. She must have had huge... tracts of land.

More common were profession names (Joseph Baker), locative names (Robin of Bristol), patronymics (Halla Svensdottir), or simple descriptives (Eric the Red).

Anywho... thread derailment aside. Carry on. I am reading about 4E goodies with interest. :D
 

evilbob

First Post
Favorite thing so far: 1st level wizards are both tougher and have FEWER options.

Yes: fewer. Fewer is better. 1st level wizards are too complicated, especially for newbies. This is much, much better.


So far I like everything I see! There is still a lot of math that eludes me, and not having it in front of me it's hard to know how hard it would be to -update- these sheets when new items/levels are gained, but so far it looks nice...

Maybe the books will come with an auto-generating something-or-other online for you to print out sheets like this?
 


Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top