WotC "D&D's Best Year Yet"

You expect Hasbro/WotC to march out their marketing statisticians to give you a TED Talk about how they crunch their numbers, or something? These are corporate folks, not academics, and openness about the methodologies isn't their normal operating procedure.
i wasnt saying it was normal for corporate interests. I was saying it is normal practice for statisticians. Sorry for the confusion. Also, while uncommon, there are circumstances where such an entity would air numbers like those. I dont think hasbro has been in those circumstances and that was rather part of my point.

But as you made clear. Not exactly to be expected on an infographic (whos entire purpose is propagandistic of the adverstising variety).

You expect Hasbro/WotC to march out their marketing statisticians to give you a TED Talk about how they crunch their numbers, or something? These are corporate folks, not academics, and openness about the methodologies isn't their normal operating procedure.
On a side note:

Also, i would never rely on TED talks when looking for something truly informative in the first place.

Would you? I know the mention of ted talks was mostly for adding humor in addition to an analogistic comparison for your point (and i did find it amusing), im just pointing that out though.

On a side note:

Also, i would never rely on TED talks when looking for something truly informative in the first place.

Would you? I know the mention of ted talks was mostly for adding humor in addition to an analogistic comparison for your point (and i did find it amusing), im just pointing that out though.

TED talks, like D&D, simplify things in order to get the point across in a reasonable time frame. For example, I'm willing to forgo ration tracking to focus on cool adventures :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases