WotC "D&D's Best Year Yet"

Likelyhood to answer or even see a survey that is near exclusively answered through online populations and engagement scales directly with age. I wonder what the popularity level looks like when corrected for that and also when ttrpg community size is taken into account (total ttrpg community size relative to solely dnd community size is something i practocally never see people accounting for when doing poularity analysis).

I just wish i could see a popularity report that took things like this into consideration. It would give a much better idea of what the actual nature of the growth was. I dont even care what year d&d is the most popular in im just kinda sick of never seeing the kind of analysis i just mentioned.

Hopefully its popularity is at an all time high. I just wish i could KNOW it to be the case. To my standards of precision.

I would like to note that there seems to be a heavy emphasis on online numbers (impression and stream views). Mainly because those things can be tracked. It's notoriously hard to find numbers on home games since they fly under the radar...

I would like to note that there seems to be a heavy emphasis on online numbers (impression and stream views). Mainly because those things can be tracked. It's notoriously hard to find numbers on home games since they fly under the radar...
This is one of the main reasons (in combination with other reasons. This alone would obviously not suggest thay to me.) that i strongly suspect d&d's popularity actually not at its all time high (especially not its all time high in strength). I suspect there is massive popularity to be sure, but i suspect that its brittle.

Last edited:

Remove ads