WotC "D&D's Best Year Yet"

dave2008

Legend
Just checked and it looks like all our FLGS here are open. It’s like seven or eight of them. All curbside pickup and a couple were doing DELIVERIES.
I tried to get Theros from my local FLGS, but its closed for covid, so I ordered from Amazon (first 5e thing I've purchased on Amazon).

dave2008

Legend
I am starting to think this was a fan/independent creation and not commissioned by WotC/Hasbro. Something official would have probably used actual pictures of the celebrity players and the Pop culture references would have definitely included Stranger Things, if this were an official promo piece.
See post #44, just below yours. Greg Tito of WotC confirmed it and a typo to boot!

Henry

Autoexreginated
So assuming it’s actual figures, that is still an amazing figure (age 40+ Players only 11% of the market), and really a reassuring one for people like me who only 10 years ago were worried that the RPG hobby was doomed once all the GenXers died. We’re barely a friggin’ blip, and people used to wonder why it felt like they weren’t being listened to in what kinds of products were being offered. When you’re one person out of ten, it’s no wonder! 😁

darjr

I crit!
Yea it’s surprising to me. It shouldn’t be thought. Most of the players locally do trend younger.

What a difference a few years makes. This wonderful hobby that I thought was dying is thriving.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Move it online!
I’m really trying to push myself with my group to do just that, but inertia is keeping me from organizing something (well, that and a lack of a web camera). I need to suck it up and plan something, because it’s clear that a little over half of my group has interest, but also clear if I don’t make the first move no one else will.

Remove ads