WotC "D&D's Best Year Yet"

These are great figures, but like, do I have to stop playing D&D in 3 years? Is some guy going to come around and tear up my PHB? Because I'm really getting that vibe from the age chart. It's kinda dystopian that it just cuts off at 45. I'm pretty sure there must be a fair number of 45-60 D&D players out there (not just here!).

Maybe they believe anyone over 45 play TSR editions and can't be bothered with 5e. WRONG !!!! I answer their surveys regularly and state my age.

This seems unlikely to be a belief given someone who was 20 when 3E came out would be 40 now (Terrifying Facts.com)

(Also like, thanks Ruin Explorer, for writing a post that disturbs yourself every time you look at it!)

Probably because if they included 46+ with rounding there would be no other category 😆

I was kind of wondering if it was just like, disturbingly large, but if 40-45 is only 11%, I guess 46-50 can't be that much bigger than that (or can it?!).

atanakar

Hero
These are great figures, but like, do I have to stop playing D&D in 3 years? Is some guy going to come around and tear up my PHB? Because I'm really getting that vibe from the age chart. It's kinda dystopian that it just cuts off at 45. I'm pretty sure there must be a fair number of 45-60 D&D players out there (not just here!).

This seems unlikely to be a belief given someone who was 20 when 3E came out would be 40 now (Terrifying Facts.com)

(Also like, thanks Ruin Explorer, for writing a post that disturbs yourself every time you look at it!)

I was kind of wondering if it was just like, disturbingly large, but if 40-45 is only 11%, I guess 46-50 can't be that much bigger than that (or can it?!).

I was thinking about the age of 3e the other day because of the 3.5 thread. It is 20 years old, already. WoTC has owned D&D for almost the same number of years than TSR !

Remove ads