d20 Call of Cthulhu - Sadly, *no longer* looking for players

Isida KepTukari

First Post
When Spoof e-mailed me for character help, he was playing an FBI Agent. Just FYI. :)

As for you using the dicebot, I think that would be easier all the way around.

Anabstercorian

First Post
My opinions

I'm all for B. Also, my character (who creates paintings that are clearly the products of a mind Sensitive to That Which Should Not Be Known) could easily wind up selling paintings of something the characters have already seen and lost their minds from.

The Crimster

First Post
Updated Status

1. Karl Green/Sen Udo-Mal
* Character complete (Sam Hudson)
* Background complete

2. Anabstercorian
* Character complete (Alex Higgins)
* Background complete

3. Spoof
* Need Character (Randy Morrison)
* Need Background

4. Kristof
* Character complete (Kristof Faulken)
* Need Background

5. Isida Kep-Tukari
* Character complete (Raymond Silver, MD)
* Background Complete

Ok, so we're down to needing Kristof's background and everything for Spoof. Spoof, I did get some information from Isida (Thanks, Isida..!) - but I would like to hear from you. If it would be easier to play an Iconic (there are two remaining) or - if you can't play due to time contraints - just let me know. Kristof, you don't have to write a thick treatise about your early years at the University, but just a couple of paragraphs will do. =)

You do get experience for your background, which will go to a new character in case of an <gulp> untimely death. Never fear.

I am 'done' on my side - as far as opening story and such. I just want all the characters to be in place before we start!

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
I'm looking forward to this as well. I just finished reading the CoC book and was pretty impressed. It's a sad thing though that the CoC book gives you more information on firearms than the Spycraft book. Erk!

Isida KepTukari

First Post
Spoof just e-mailed me. He'll have his character to me by 7am Central time too look it over for consistancy. Hopefully we'll have the full compliment of CofC characters up by 9am or so Monday! Yay! Bounce! Glee! :D

Spoof

First Post
Randy Morrison

Ok I allmost have the character done, I just need some finishing info, such as what skills are affected by what stats. I will go ahead and post it to the Gallery for everyone to see, and make the changes when they come in. So really I guess we are good to go :)

The Crimster

First Post
Well, I haven't heard from Kristof, but I'm going to just go ahead and start.

Expect three things today (most likely tonight, btw):

1) Creation of a What Rough Beast IC thread with the opening story;
2) Creation of a new OOC thread;
3) Email from me, with some information for your character.

I'm going to do things a little different than most IC games (I think). There will be times when I will reference "This space reserved for Player Private 4" or something to that effect. That will be for later, when I'll put in emailed notes to the other players. I will put them in once the subject of the note is unimportant - but it will be nice to have.

For example, if I send a note to Sam saying, "With a successful Spot roll, you notice a large bump on the back of Dr. Silver's neck. As you watch, it begins to pulsate as if alive." At that point in the game, Sam may flip out, and unless he right away explains himself, no one will know why. This is a good thing, and very genre. Once we find out what the thing is in Dr. Silver's neck, I'll put in the email...!

Once we start, we can let this thread wither and die.

Last edited:

Isida KepTukari

First Post

For example, if I send a note to Sam saying, "With a successful Spot roll, you notice a large bump on the back of Dr. Silver's neck. As you watch, it begins to pulsate as if alive." At that point in the game, Sam may flip out, and unless he right away explains himself, no one will know why. This is a good thing, and very genre. Once we find out what the thing is in Dr. Silver's neck, I'll put in the email...!

Once we start, we can let this thread wither and die.

Just like my neck? :p

Remove ads