d20 Fight Club for D&D 5th Edition, Pathfinder, and More!

While we wait to see what happens with Codename: Morningstar, Herolab, and City of Brass, there's another electronic tools option already available. d20 Fight Club: 5th Edition comes in two flavours - a player's version and a DM's version. Produced by Lion's Den, the app (it's for iOS) also has versions for Pathfinder, D&D 4E, and D&D 3.5.

While we wait to see what happens with Codename: Morningstar, Herolab, and City of Brass, there's another electronic tools option already available. d20 Fight Club: 5th Edition comes in two flavours - a player's version and a DM's version. Produced by Lion's Den, the app (it's for iOS) also has versions for Pathfinder, D&D 4E, and D&D 3.5.
The apps are "free to try". They allow you to create one character with limited spells and items before you decide to by the full version.

The player versions do what you'd expect - they track HP, XP, spells, etc., as well as defenses, saves, abilities and skills. The GM/DM versions help you to set up encounters, track initiative, and roll attacks.

Here's their full list of iOS apps.

screen568x568.jpeg screen568x568.jpeg
d20 Fight Club: D&D 5th Edition

d20 Dungeon Master: D&D 5th Edition

d20 Game Master: Pathfinder RPG

screen568x568.jpeg
screen568x568.jpeg

d20 Fight Club: D&D 4E

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
I downloaded d20 fight club previously, very handy and the colors and layout is spectacular. I didnt know about the DM 5e version (which I just downloaded and purchsed the full version). Wow. It has a DM screen and customizable options. Now my ipad can be my DM screen!!!

I actually purchased the DM 5E version a few weeks back. Love it. I can add photos , edit the pre-loaded monsters or add my own. This is a great tool for me during a game! I wish there was a way to move my already created monsters from my iPad to my iPhone though, in case I'm somewhere for a quick game and without my iPad.

I bought d20 Fight Club for 5E but haven't had a chance to mess with it.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Man, I'm starting to get a collection of iPhone/iPad d20 tools - what's a couple more? Just did full app purchases (only three bucks each) of the 3.5 Fight Club for the game I'm playing in and the DM 5 tool for the game I'm running. Curse you Morrus, for beckoning to my impulse buy mindset.

hardvice

First Post
I've been using the 3.5 version for a long time now and love it. My group finally started playing 5e last week and the 5e version is even better. The lack of an OGL hurts them a bit — setup is slow when you have to enter most of the race, class, and background features and spells manually — but it's totally worth the time investment because, in play, it is just about perfect.

Long rest and short rest options that reset things properly is really nice. Resource tracking and attack options are great. I showed the guy playing our druid how easily I could set up stats for Wild Shapes and his jaw about hit the floor.

I've only poked around a bit with the DM app (mostly just bought it to support the developer as I don't DM), but my verdict is the same: a bit (unavoidably) heavy on setup, but really slick in use.

Honestly, I'm more excited about a possible OGL for Fight Club than I am for Hero Lab. I'll take the in-play experience over the creation experience any day.

guachi

Hero
The very bottom of what I want at a game I DM is a smartphone. Leave it on vibrate and it's only there to take phone calls. So I don't see why so many companies keep pushing all these mobile gaming options when the best selling point of D&D and RPGs is that it's NOT a computer game.

Remove ads

Remove ads