• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Future] 22nd Century: Solar Odyssey to Hell. [FULL]

Jay Purr

First Post
The Master returns

Hey Turanil. Glad to see that your early 21st century tech is working again!

WOOC: Jay's person will, within a few brief hours, take a commercial trans-oceanic air-breather fixed-wing craft to his natal homeland for the purpose of grokking the native rituals of mercantilism and spirituality (i.e., I'm flying back to the US to visit the family for Christmas). I will connect again from there as soon as I can get a computer set up. Hopefully I will be online from there by Tues 14 Dec.

Turanil

First Post
Okay: I have been around (my Internet connection back) for two week now, and it seems that aside three players, nobody dared to post. Maybe you are burnt out, maybe on Xmas vacation, or maybe this game has ceased to entetain you for some reasons (too slow? lack of action?). Anyway, it looks like it's dead now. If nobody posts, I will see it as having failed miserably and sinking into oblivion.

But it appears it's the fate of many Enworld pbp games. So...

rangerjohn

Explorer
Liam Forbes

Personally, its a combination of the holidays and it not being Liam's baliwick. Not to mention him being in the minority as for what seems important. Nobody else seems to care about the bombs, merely the conspiracy.

Jay Purr

First Post
Turanil said:
Okay: I have been around (my Internet connection back) for two week now, and it seems that aside three players, nobody dared to post. Maybe you are burnt out, maybe on Xmas vacation, or maybe this game has ceased to entetain you for some reasons (too slow? lack of action?). Anyway, it looks like it's dead now. If nobody posts, I will see it as having failed miserably and sinking into oblivion.

OOC: During my trip to the US, my networked computer resources ended up being much more limited than I anticipated would be the case. I did not even attempt to connect to ENWorld during that time.

I would like to keep playing, but we certainly need more than just three participants to do so. Possibly we should give it this first week of 2005 for those still interested to indicate that they are present and desire to continue?

Caine Freerover

First Post
I'm back from break and would like this game to continue as well, but I agree that we need more people to participate. Let's have a roll call on this thread!

Also I think that Vincent should be directing the investigations and declaring our intentions to the GM. Are we going to the hospital, to Mars, to the station, or what? We can't to it all and Liam is right that we need to hurry and not get sidetracked too much.

Ben

Turanil

First Post
I am willing to continue the game, but it seems that apart from three or four players, interest has faded from the game.

One of the problems is that Tobermory and Collins are supposed to be the leaders of the mission. As such, the game needs them to take decisions and tell what the crew do. Maybe one solution would be to introduce a NPCs as leader of the group. I am thinking not about a living person, but the AI in charge of the Telarion (your spaceship). On the other hand, I don't like the idea of changing things like that during the course of the adventure.

Another option: alternate players. Maybe those not interested in playing anymore could lend their PC's account (and character) to new players?

Jay Purr

First Post
Other Options

We considered at one point (no time at the moment to dig up the posts, and I want to throw the ideas out to others) to split up and handle all of the tasks summarized above by Caine Freerover. Possibly Turanil, in his capacity as GM, could:

1) Run Collins and Tobermory for us as NPCs if those players are unable to continue to play.

2) With or without (1) above, run as NPCs some of our characters as NPC "teams" to conduct the various investigations described.

3) Like (2), but with some (one?) active PC(s) and some inactive PCs demoted to NPC status on each team to continue the investigation.

4) My favorite: To hell with subtlety - lets mount up on the Telarion, head out to Jupiter, kick ass and then take names!

Jay Purr

First Post
Lost in Space?

I guess the cast has walked off stage. *Sigh* Turanil, I want you to know that I had a blast playing the game, & I'm sorry if it turned out to be unsustainable. I probably will not check back unless you contact me off-site and let me know that the game is on again.

Never even got the fighter out of its hanger. Bummer!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads