• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Modern: Fallout

possum

First Post
Fallout Tactics is the reason for the game being set where it is, other than the fact that I live around the area and can easily imagine what it might look like in post-apocalyptic times. I got the Fallout Trilogy for Christmas, and 3 a few weeks ago, so I've got them all.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
If you loved FO Tactics try Jagged Alliance 2 with the Fan Based upgrade patch 1.14 IIRC. Great game of tactical squad combat.

So when are we going to start this excursion from the vault?

possum

First Post
Well, if the characters are all in, I'd like to start on Tuesday-Wednesday. Excursion from the Vault? That I'm not going to tell...

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be looking for it.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be looking for it.
On second thought, its a bad, bad, bad game. Don't play it. It might suck your time aware from GMing our games. ;)

WD and VV; are you guys going to do any background or such? I left mine pretty brief to just explain the choice of occupation. Being only 16, she doesn't have much experience yet anyway. Lately I prefer making it up as go along as I get a feel of the character.

Being in the vault together, I am sure our characters will know each other at least.

possum

First Post
About your age. RAW says that you have to be 20+ to be in the Law Enforcement career. Let's say we bump that down to 18 to at least represent a few years of training in the career path after the GOAT put you there?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
About your age. RAW says that you have to be 20+ to be in the Law Enforcement career. Let's say we bump that down to 18 to at least represent a few years of training in the career path after the GOAT put you there?
Post Apocalypse said 16. It pretty much bumps the starting age for every occupation down into the teens. I was figuring a little unofficial training before the GOAT and official after.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Actually the D20 Apocalypse Guide said 15 for LE, but honestly it really doesn't matter to me (16-18 all okay).

I was only planning a few sentences for back story. I have them on my Myth-Weavers sheet already. If we need more than that, it's not a problem, but I can easily flush things out IC as we are rolling.

Possum, are you planing to use tactical grids in Excel? I can make some tokens again for you if WD and VV post up a portrait or head shot of their guys.

Remove ads