D20 Modern Fiction - Agents of PSI

Aran

Explorer
I've read them. They're not bad. Not great, but not bad. As things progress I'm hoping they will serve as a good flavor of the PSI setting.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Very helpful information, Cutter XXIII, and exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for. I had no idea you were a professional editor & copywriter.

Von Ether

Legend
Cutter XXIII said:
Yeah, it's a living. :)

Glad to help. I was reading back over my response and wincing at times, though. I didn't mean to sound snarky, and I hope it didn't come across that way to you.

I approach my monthly fiction workshop with equal parts anticpation and dread because it's hard to give a good critque without sounding harsh. We ususaly end the session with everyone getting a cup of coffe and a round of apologies. :D

I thought the critque was on mark and sounded civil. If you're in South Florida sometime, look up the South Florida Science Fiction Society and we'll set you up for the next workshop. :)

Last edited:

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Any time you get stuff published professionally, you have to have particularly thick skin. I'm used to critiques, and I find that the harsher they are, the more I tend to get out of it, so nothing to worry about.

Cutter XXIII said:
(By the way, I'm GMing my group in a homebrewed d20 Apocalypse setting built around the sourcebook, and it's the most fun we've had in a good long while. Very nice job with that book.)

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I have to say that I'm happier with the way that book turned out than anything else in my writing career. I'd like the chance to explore the Atomic Sunrise setting in more depth, and I should get the opportunity via the WotC website.

Von Ether

Legend
Whisperfoot said:
Any time you get stuff published professionally, you have to have particularly thick skin. I'm used to critiques, and I find that the harsher they are, the more I tend to get out of it, so nothing to worry about.

Amen, brother

Remove ads