• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20-Modern: Where(what) is Department-7

~Joseph~

First Post
I recently borrowed a few of my friends d20 Modern books and have been reading them over because I was curious about the setting and some the suppliments seemed pretty cool (apocalyps). While reading through several books I've come across Department-7, the different campaign modes talk about what role it can have in your game, some character and other descriptions refer to it, but I can't for the life of me find where it's introduced. Is Department-7 never really introduce, just kind of thrown into the books here and there? Or is it in a section that I just keep missing? A little help anyone

Joseph

From the Modern SRD:

DEPARTMENT-7

Department-7 is a fictional elite organization that the heroes belong to that deals with situations threatening the modern world. Depending on the campaign, Department-7 might have federal authority, or it might be a state or local agency, or perhaps a private institution. In some campaigns, it might have an international scope thanks to ties to the United Nations or some global conglomerate. Department-7 might deal with homeland defense, law enforcement, espionage and intelligence, or counterterrorism. In some games, it might have a charter to investigate paranormal activity or alien incursions or dimensional displacement.

It is our hope that other publishers will use Department-7 as an example in their products, thereby providing a common feel for the game

“Department-7” and the Department-7 concept are designated as Open Game Content, and are licensed for public use under the terms of the Open Game License v1.0a.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
trancejeremy said:
Hmmm. You're right, it's in the SRD, but I can't seem to find it in the d20 Modern book itself. (WOTC, you call that an index? Pffft)

See p. 6, under "The Campaign Models."

Henry

Autoexreginated
MonsterMash said:
So its the OGL version of U.N.C.L.E. or similar then?

No, it's the OGL version of "The Agency" and "Control" from Spycraft. It's a generic name to plug in so that whatever organization that the GM uses for the PCs, it works. The only difference is that "The Agency" and "Control" are AEG's content, unless I'm mistaken and they released it.

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
What they said ... Department 7 is just a generic "organization" for the GM to use to bring the characters together. It could be a branch of the FBI, a secret cadre of ghost hunters, an elite anti-terrorist unit, an underground sect of half-human, half-animal "Moreaus" ... whatever the GM needs it to be to fit it into his campaign.

Remove ads