• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Vaporware

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Barendd Nobeard said:
Heroes of High Favor: Gnomes

OK, so it's only a gnomes book. But as the founder of GAG, I am duty-bound to lament this product until it's in my hot little hands. :p

I knew it was just a matter of time... :uhoh:

Wulf

Boojum

First Post
TheAuldGrump said:
One I waited for was Steamtrains & Sorcery, but then I am a big steam era fan (somewhere there is a picture of me at the throttle of an 0-4-0...).

Heh, sorry about my mishandling of that. I announced it way, way too early (as soon as I decided to write it, before I had come up with anything at all for it). Plus which, I vastly underestimated the scope of the project and just how much time and effort it would take, and also completely underestimated the amount of time and energy that my studies, day job, other writing projects, and other recreation would take up in my life. Announcing any completion date other than "when it's done" was obviously a major mistake, but my enthusiasm for the project won out over my better judgment. I've learned from that and decided not to try for publicity until it's done, since too many delays frustrate people like you who have waited for it. Actually, I'm somewhat surprised and flattered that the couple of annoucements that were made piqued your interest enough to miss it when it didn't come out.

That said, however, the project is not dead. I currently have a draft of the rules that's about 85% complete and a weekly playtest campaign, which is causing it to come together pretty nicely. Several demos have been run at cons, with very positive responses. Actually, we're getting to the stage where additional playtesters would be helpful, so if you're interested, please email me. (ghughes "at" uci "dot" edu).

Again, sorry about the massive delays.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Krieg said:
My top 3:

Pulp Cthulhu d20

WotC's Dune D20

Dual-stat Delta Green reprint

Mine too. I hope Chaosium knows how many potential buyers it lost.

I would only add (in the non-d20 category) GURPS Alvin Maker, in the hopes that Northen Crown will supplant this unfulfilled dream.

Vocenoctum

First Post
Committed Hero said:
Mine too. I hope Chaosium knows how many potential buyers it lost.

I also miss Pulp Cthulhu, but I'm not sure how well it would have done. Chaosium's pretty tight on their budget, so maybe they just figured it wouldn't be enough sales to risk it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads