D20 Werewolf: The Apocalypse

psychognome

First Post
Alright, I haven't got much information yet, and very little written down, but at the moment I'm working on a conversion of Werewolf: The Apocalypse into D&D.
At the moment I'm thinking that there will be a race for each breed (homid, metis and lupus), one, a class for each auspice (ragabash, theurge, philodox, galliard and ahroun) and a sort of a template or similar thing for the tribes.
The gifts will be converted into spell-like abilities which are chosen as the character gains experience and levels. The gift progression will be done like a spellcaster's spells, and he'll only have a limited number of them. Using the gifts uses the character's gnosis and rage, (also handled at a level basis) which are numeric figures that wary widely. A character's gnosis progression is handled according to his breed and rage progression according to auspice.
Gifts are divided by breed, auspice and tribe, and a character can only learn gifts according to his figures. He may also learn gifts of other breeds, auspices and tribes, but this costs two gifts of that level to him.
And of course, the forms:
Homid- as normal, no changes.
Glabro- +4 Str, +4 Con, -2 penalty to social interaction (except intimidation)
Crinos- Increase size by one category, Str +8, +2 Dex, +6 Con, -6 penalty to social interaction (except intimidation), only capable of limited speech ("YOU DIE!!!") (except with other werewolves), frightful presence (only affects humans), speed and attacks as a wolf (increase damage due increase in size)
Hispo- +6 Str, +4 Dex, +6 Con, -6 penalty to social interaction (except intimidation), not capable of speech (except with wolves and other werewolves), speed and attacks as a wolf
Lupus- +2 Str, +4 Dex, +4 Con, -6 penalty to social interaction (except intimidation), not capable of speech (except with wolves and other werewolves), speed and attacks as a wolf, wolf senses

A2Z

Explorer
What are the Glabro and Hispo forms? I'm not that familiar with Werewolf. I know what the other three are though.

psychognome

First Post
A2Z said:
What are the Glabro and Hispo forms? I'm not that familiar with Werewolf. I know what the other three are though.

Glabro is a so-called big brute, a human with a little bit of wolvish features, but still more human. Hispo is a wolf, but a little bit more scary and nasty, with big teeth and claws.

Impeesa

Explorer
Hm... a lot of the abilities would go really well as bonus ancestral/tribal feats based on class, etc...

--Impeesa--

Kesh

First Post
Funny, I was just thinking about this earlier today as I was reading through Manual of the Planes. There's a few places in there that would fit the Werewolf cosmology without too much trouble.

As to the five forms:

Homid == Human. No biggie there.
Glabro == "Near-man," think Lon Cheney Jr. with less hair.
Crinos == A 9-foot-tall hybrid form.
Hispo == Esentially a really nasty Dire Wolf
Lupus == Wolf form.

We would need to use a Wound Point system, rather than HP, to help make the transition easier for this game. Hmmm.

Wolf72

Explorer
werewolf with d20 rules?

or werewolf type char/race in 3e?

the difference would be akin to Middle Earth conversion going on. For instance do you want to recreate/modify the werewolf auspices and such, or do you want to now have a werewolf mage or cleric?

Changes to Crinos might be +4 str, +2 dex, +4 con (no mental changes). I don't reccomend a change to cha (manipulation in ww?). Instead how about they cause fear DC 10 +cha mod (low cha makes it easier to save).

DR 15/silver in Crinos/Hispo

feat: Attunement/binding ... need to use this for keeping items in Crinos form (like your armor or greatsword) ... maybe based on lvl (so you don't have to take the feat over and over again) ... even have it so you get your first items for free ... then have to spend xp to have items change with you (or just ignore this part and say it changes with you, especially for magic armor)

first lvl feat: must be chosen from among tribal gifts/feats? (auspice might just become more of roleplaying aspect)

razor claws: you gain +1 dmg with claw attks while in Crinos form

silver claws: your claws have the property of silver weapons (prereq: razor claws)

diamond claws: your claws have the property of +1 weapons (prereq: silver claws)

fire claws: your claws deal +1d4 fire dmg to opponents (prereq: razor claws)

just some ideas ...I have more somewhere ... (will find them when I go home)

Wolf72

Explorer
auspice to class

Ahroun: Warrior, Barbarian, Fighter, Ranger, Psychic Warrior

Galliard: Expert, Bard, Rogue

Ragabash: Expert, Rogue, Ranger

Theurge: Adept, Wiz/Sorc, Cleric, Druid, Psion

Philodox: Aristocrat, Paladin, Cleric

just some rp ideas for conversion types

note: if you are convertning WW to use in 3e then werewolves aren't nearly as scary or intimidating ... "GRRRR! die human!" ...(human) "oops, I'm a half-gold dragon! GRRRR right back at ya Fang-Face!"

for WW to d20 ... good luck! (the current system seems okay, although I don't like rolling a bazillion d10's)

Remove ads