• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20m Intro Adventure at WOTC

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
jonas889 said:
This is just great. Why can't I find a good starter mod for Modern that has NO MAGIC and NO MONSTERS in it?

I second this sentiment.

I guess that one solution is to make conversions of Call of Cthulhu stuff, and there may be some Spycraft stuff available.

Another candidate is to look at some of the old traveller adventures, since they tend to be already (a) gun oriented, (b) take place in urban areas (c) have a "modern" outlook.

Still, it is disappointing that WotC don't believe in modern enough that they want to make a nonmagical adventure for it.

Cheers

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Plane Sailing said:

I second this sentiment.

I guess that one solution is to make conversions of Call of Cthulhu stuff, and there may be some Spycraft stuff available.

Another candidate is to look at some of the old traveller adventures, since they tend to be already (a) gun oriented, (b) take place in urban areas (c) have a "modern" outlook.

Still, it is disappointing that WotC don't believe in modern enough that they want to make a nonmagical adventure for it.

Cheers

I think you are judging WOTC a bit harshly. The game is still new! We have no idea what adventures they have planned for it.

jonas889

First Post
WOTC always comes back to magic.

think you are judging WOTC a bit harshly. The game is still new! We have no idea what adventures they have planned for it.

True. But you have to admit the prospects aren't looking good right now. With the first free mod on the site (which I love the D&D ones. Save so much money on buying mods all the time. Now I can just pick one up once in a while) totally blowing goats with it's total D&D feel and little actual modern roleplaying, and the first sourcebook coming out being Urban Arcana, I may not see a none D&D Modern setting until 2004. Unless I go with Scifi and pick up Gamma World by White Wolf later this summer.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
They just came out with their second free mini-adventure - this one also involves some supernatural stuff, in the form of Ghouls and a Demon-posessed wood-chipper. Ugh!

jonas889

First Post
WOTC second minimod

Yeah. I kinda skimmed through it. Kinda like Silent Hill. I think the idea is sound and I aprove of unDead in my campaign more than Bugbears... I don't know. I find the best way to go is to run it and see what flies. I just have to reduce the EL for 1st & 2nd level characters.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads