Daily Art Preview

frankthedm

First Post
Faceless bad ass angels are epic win in my book. This one looks much better than the other 4E angels. But the mismatched eyes looks like a sloppy mistake.

The only thing is the angel's obvious horns remove most of the 'mystery' from who's side he is on.

Zamkaizer

First Post
frankthedm said:
Faceless bad ass angels are epic win in my book. This one looks much better than the other 4E angels. But the mismatched eyes looks like a sloppy mistake.

The only thing is the angel's obvious horns remove most of the 'mystery' from who's side he is on.
Those aren't horns. Learn to hairline.

Dunamin

First Post
I was wondering why the efreets had no depiction of a swirly lower half. I guess it's because they reserved that part for the re-conceptualized angels.

Like the facelessness and generally less human-like look. Can't wait to see the look on my paladin player's face when he meets one of his traditional "idols" in battle. :)

frankthedm

First Post

To me those are horns, not just skull showing through. They jut too far off to the sides to be a part of the head showing under the whispy orange-spirit hair.

Not that i mind devil horns on an angel, and that what it looks like to me the artist intended those to be.

Without those horns, it retains more mystery.

Last edited:

Snarls-at-Fleas

First Post
It's a bit (quite a bit) late, but I've found it. :)
Is my imagination playings tricks with me?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 236

Jhaelen

First Post
I mostly like the reimagining of the D&D Angels, however I'd prefer if in addition to getting rid of facial features they'd also got rid of their gender. The article implies they'll have a gender but angels definitely shouldn't have one!

Klaus

First Post
I typed a more detailed analysis of the Angel pictures, but the boards ate it, so instead I'll just say:

Thos pictures look rushed and sloppy, like the artist didn't feel interested in them and tried to rush them asap.

Remove ads