D&D General DALL·E 3 does amazing D&D art

SakanaSensei

Adventurer
I wasn't getting anything from a direct prompt, but I got this from an indirect one that's in the direction of Shawn Wood's style.

"A D&D dragonborn paladin, attending to his warhorse in a quaint pastoral village, painted using ink and watercolors"
View attachment 297110
Every world I make from now on has dragon horses. Thanks, robot,

your dragonborn seems to have crossed with the horse
This is what I've struggled with when trying to, for example, create images of my Beastmaster Ranger with her goat next to her. Half the time it just gives her goat horns, as it just picks fuzzy keywords to put into the image, rather than a description of the image as a whole.

I'm hoping DALL-E3 works better with that kind of elements, once the site works again.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Man, thats just crazy.

Theres some weirdness in there I think, and your dragonborn seems to have crossed with the horse, but otherwise? Wow.
Yeah for some reason mentioning the horse means it gets 99% of the dragon, the only dragon-y traits the paladin seems to get are horns (or sometimes wings.)

Every world I make from now on has dragon horses. Thanks, robot,
Haha, nice. I believe the formal name for dragon-horses is "dragonnel." Some sources list them as actually being a dragon-horse hybrid, but most treat them as a distinct species of just-above-animal intelligence. Sort of like pseudodragons. Edit: I've also seen "hippodrake" as a term for a draconic creature with horse-like characteristics.

Reynard

Legend
Even Bing doesn't know what a female dwarf looks like, they are so rare.
art.png

Played with it a bit, it seems to work well as long as you stick to the fantasy conventions. As soon as you ask for something even a little bit left-field, it gets confused.

I've been trying to give it a Spelljammer prompt, for two of my to-be-played-someday characters, using sundry variations of this prompt

a tall grinning female half-orc pirate in gaudy clothes with a hamster on her shoulder, standing next to a solemn androgynous asian wizard in red chinese robes, on the deck of a sailing ship in space, high quality digital art

You find yourself continually fighting the weight of the model's training data. Just the word 'wizard' carries so much algorithmic weight that even with the above prompt it often introduces a third figure to the image which is your stereotypical white-bearded Elminster type (when i prompted it without 'androgynous Asian' it never gave me any wizard that WASN'T a long-bearded old white guy), or else randomly applies a beard to one or both of the figures I did ask for, or splits the wizard character into a young hot anime-ish pirate girl and a red-robed goateed Fu Manchu (who once, inexplicably, was blue-skinned).

I spent some time trying to specify 'muscular female half-orc' except that the word 'muscular' drowned out the 'female' and i kept getting a beefy male torso. I tried 'athletic' and got either more male torsos or female figures wearing sports bras. The 'sailing ship' bit of the prompt always seems to bring the sea with it, despite the 'in space' part. 'Grinning' often gets applied to both figures. 'Pirate' seems to bring a predominately brown colour scheme with it about 8 times out of 10 despite the 'gaudy' specification. The wizard always seem to get pointy ears.

It's gorgeous, and it's wildly improved from that of a year ago, but I'm not sure how well it'll ever colour outside the lines.

Last edited:

Remove ads