• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dallas, TX Gaming Stores that buy/sell used RPG books

drife

Explorer
Hey all...I just moved to Dallas around the Henderson/Knox area. I am in the process of getting rid of all my gaming books, supplies, etc and would like to know the best place to go to for the best buy/trade in value. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Dave

Steel_Wind

Legend
ebay, Gencon auction (Send them all with a friend who is going). Those are your best bets.

You might wait for May 2011 and dump them at Reapercon, too. (Reapercon is local to you in Dallas/FW.)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Your best bet is always going to be direct sales to other gamers.

I won't speak to price, but Half-Price books does buy gaming material.

Game Chest in the Valley View Mall probably does not, but they may know who does- they often traffic in older RPG material.

Generation X games in the midcities is also probably not going to buy them, but again, they may know who would be interested.

If you can't find a buyer, though, consider donation to charity. Lone Star Comics (many locations) has taken game supplies to give to the troops. You can also donate such things to the USO, Veteran's Hospitals, Boys & Girls Clubs, and other charities...but you should always ask first before making the donation.

grodog

Hero
There are a number of Half-Price Books in the Dallas area, since the Acaeum folks down that way hit them regularly.

In addition to ReaperCon, the North TX RPG Con is local to Dallas (it was in Irving earlier this month, and will be at the same site next year).

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
You're one up on me, then, man- I've never seen used RPGs at GenX. I just recommended them because the owner is a stand-up guy, and even if he didn't buy used stuff, he'd tell you who did.

Thanael

Explorer
Nobleknight games will buy your stuff and cover the postage. But you'll probably get better prices selling on ebay. (At least for the higher valued items, I'd definately sell them on ebay.)

Last edited:

Talysian

Explorer
If your looking to make anything ebay..

If your just looking to get rid of them for whatever reason.. as mentioned above there are tons of places to donate them to soldiers. Otherwise tbh dfw does not have a good used place for rpgs.

pawsplay

Hero
Hey all...I just moved to Dallas around the Henderson/Knox area. I am in the process of getting rid of all my gaming books, supplies, etc and would like to know the best place to go to for the best buy/trade in value. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Dave

My thoughts are that I am curious why you are getting rid of all your gaming stuff.

Remove ads