Damage for Cane/Walking stick?

Dave G

First Post
I'm making a new character, and I wanted to give him a somewhat unorthodox weapon, (i.e. a cane or a walking stick) I was wondering if the damages for these items have been posted anywhere?

I'd be tempted to just use the club damage, but wanted confirmation on my judgement call.

Dave G

First Post
Well, I thought about that, but I really wanted it to be a one handed weapon... that's why I was thinking cane. Since both the Club and the Quarterstaff both do a 1d6 for damage, I think it works either way...

Thanks for the help!

Apapalypse

Villager
Yeah, definitely this. For damage, though, I'd say 1d4 with one hand (Same as a quarterstaff) and 1d6 for 2 hands.

Edit: Jeez, what is with all the thread necromancy around here?
Methinks it would be 1d6 as the cane can resemble a club less than a staff, the necromantic quality comes from my inability to let RAW questions go unanswered if I'm search engining a question, and to top it all off my personal question is for a RotRL PATHFINDER game not D&D atm, so there is a bit of plane shifting going on as well!

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Some algorithm must be assigning tags on a whim, as this was most definitely not a PF question back then 😂 I actually had a pc use walking stick in Eberron campaign and. In fact it was a cane sword, but I allowed him to use it as a blunt weapon if he did not draw it. It used short sword stats when drawn and club when ”sheathed” as a cane.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases