Damn 200 D&D Books

Zardnaar

Legend
I counted up and I have 191 D&D related books on the shelf and I have some of the 3.0 out on loan and that makes at least 195. Only 12 boxed sets our old groups boxed set collection had most of the TSR 2nd ed settings including things like Red Steel and Mystara.

Around 30 are 1st ed/BECMI
2nd ed 50 odd
3rd ed 80 odd
10 Pathfinder
6 copies of retroclones
4 4th ed

Adding in legally bought PDFs mostly Darksun from a few years ago and recent releases, and Pathfinder PDFs that easily goes through the 200 mark. Another 200 issues or so of Dragon and Dungeon and a box of D&D minis.

An average of 20 per year roughly since 1993 but between 2008 and the end of 2011 I bought a grand total of 3 books before we jumped ship to the Pathfinder choo choo.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Adding in legally bought PDFs mostly Darksun from a few years ago and recent releases, and Pathfinder PDFs that easily goes through the 200 mark. Another 200 issues or so of Dragon and Dungeon and a box of D&D minis.
Quick... it's not too late to escape before your collection starts taking over your house. There's still hope for you!

My D&D collection currently consists of 143 boxed sets, 241 hardcovers, 286 softcovers, 747 stapled adventures or accessories, 724 magazines or magazine collections, 224 novels, 186 comics, 98 game books, 54 sets of dungeon tiles, 47 packs or boxes of cards, 34 map products, 30 newsletters, 27 token sets, 24 screens, 22 novelty miniature reprints, 21 miscellaneous accessories, 20 board or card games, 19 comic collections, 15 loose sets of monster sheets, 15 packs of characters sheets, 14 folios/folder sets, 8 bookmarks, 8 CD-ROMs, 6 computer games, 6 packs of transfers, 5 sets of official dice, 4 DVDs or DVD sets, 3 activity/story books, 2 sound tracks (one vinyl record and one CD), an adventure set, a coloring book, a jigsaw puzzle, a folding chair, a drink cooler, a set of telephone cards, a cap and 5778 miniatures.

At some point in the last couple of years, I suspect my collection grew large enough to become self-aware. It already has its own room in the house and has started sending scouts into at least two other rooms. It also seems to have recently figured out how to secretly place Ebay orders for new D&D stuff while I'm asleep at night; more books keep arriving in the post and there are all kinds of unknown transactions on my Paypal account.

It's clearly far too late for me, and I've come to terms with the fact that I'm doomed.

But you still have a chance! Flee... flee while you still can!

I have quite a lot of Pathfinder stuff too... :blush:

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
I have spent the last 8 months very slowly converting to digital. My physical collection is thus down to one and a half bookshelves and shrinking while my digital bookshelf continues to expand. I am quite happy with this arrangement. :D

Zardnaar

Legend
Quick... it's not too late to escape before your collection starts taking over your house. There's still hope for you!

My D&D collection currently consists of 143 boxed sets, 241 hardcovers, 286 softcovers, 747 stapled adventures or accessories, 724 magazines or magazine collections, 224 novels, 186 comics, 98 game books, 54 sets of dungeon tiles, 47 packs or boxes of cards, 34 map products, 30 newsletters, 27 token sets, 24 screens, 22 novelty miniature reprints, 21 miscellaneous accessories, 20 board or card games, 19 comic collections, 15 loose sets of monster sheets, 15 packs of characters sheets, 14 folios/folder sets, 8 bookmarks, 8 CD-ROMs, 6 computer games, 6 packs of transfers, 5 sets of official dice, 4 DVDs or DVD sets, 3 activity/story books, 2 sound tracks (one vinyl record and one CD), an adventure set, a coloring book, a jigsaw puzzle, a folding chair, a drink cooler, a set of telephone cards, a cap and 5778 miniatures.

At some point in the last couple of years, I suspect my collection grew large enough to become self-aware. It already has its own room in the house and has started sending scouts into at least two other rooms. It also seems to have recently figured out how to secretly place Ebay orders for new D&D stuff while I'm asleep at night; more books keep arriving in the post and there are all kinds of unknown transactions on my Paypal account.

It's clearly far too late for me, and I've come to terms with the fact that I'm doomed.

But you still have a chance! Flee... flee while you still can!

I have quite a lot of Pathfinder stuff too... :blush:

I'm sure by the laws of your country you live in when you die it is required to ship everything to my place:) If I lived in the US I would have a lot more as things are so much cheaper. Around 50-100%:(.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I'm sure by the laws of your country you live in when you die it is required to ship everything to my place:) If I lived in the US I would have a lot more as things are so much cheaper. Around 50-100%:(.
Zardnaar, I can't tell from your profile where you are, but I live in a fairly rural part of South Africa, so I'm also rather geographically disadvantaged. Probably 40-50% of the cost of my collection has been getting it here. That said, when it comes to Ebay auctions, the relatively high cost of shipping tends to make me a more competitive bidder -- if I'm already willing to pay US$35 in shipping costs, then paying $50 instead of $45 for the actual item is less of an overall price difference than it would be if was in the US.

If do vanish from ENWorld for an extended period of time, and you decide to plan a night-time raid on the house, we're located at 25° 37' 30" S, 27° 44' 27" E. I must stress though that it is really important to get all of those digits correct . Our neighbor farms crocodiles (really), so try to avoid targeting the wrong house...

Stormonu

Legend
I had a "one of everything" in my collection from AD&D 1E and BECMI on until 3.5 came out (including from Dragon #98 and Dungeon #7 onward). According to my DB (which I stopped updating mid-3.5E), that's 1,264 books & boxed sets, not counting any multiple PHBs, minis or magazines - and that's only my D&D stuff.

I started to try and convert to digital, but sadly many of the original PDFs that were released were of too poor quality to give up my books. As the PDFs are getting re-released and I can pick them up again (as the new PDFs come up, thankfully my old purchases start working again for downloads). The new ones so far are much, much better.

Anybody know where a good place to dump off for 1E to 3.0 books and get some decent money back? E-bay seems like a bit of a pain to put 100 or so books up :(.

This got me curious so I did a count and found I was in the 250 range of D&D/ Pathfinder products. Counting boxed sets as "1".

The bulk of it comes from having almost every Dragonlance setting/accessory product and almost everything Ravenloft. Plus a goodly collection of 3.5e, 3PP, and other campaign settings.
Still some gaps in my 1e hardcovers and 2e books. None of the black bordered late 2e releases. And a couple missing 3e classics.

Zardnaar

Legend
Zardnaar, I can't tell from your profile where you are, but I live in a fairly rural part of South Africa, so I'm also rather geographically disadvantaged. Probably 40-50% of the cost of my collection has been getting it here. That said, when it comes to Ebay auctions, the relatively high cost of shipping tends to make me a more competitive bidder -- if I'm already willing to pay US$35 in shipping costs, then paying $50 instead of $45 for the actual item is less of an overall price difference than it would be if was in the US.

If do vanish from ENWorld for an extended period of time, and you decide to plan a night-time raid on the house, we're located at 25° 37' 30" S, 27° 44' 27" E. I must stress though that it is really important to get all of those digits correct . Our neighbor farms crocodiles (really), so try to avoid targeting the wrong house...

I'm in New Zealand. Loading the sheep catapult......

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases