D&D General Damn I miss Dragon Magazine

I miss the crazy Forum (was that what it was called?) where readers had back and forth rants. Like the hilarious guy who thought the "Black Prince" was African.

GreyLord

Legend
I used to like the old White Dwarf, before it went Games Workshop products only.
Even then I didn't think it was bad, until it went overboard into mostly just miniature discussion and nothing else (no lore, rules, or much else, at least at one point...where I lost interest).

R_J_K75

Legend
Once it went digital it was never the same. I cant remember But I think it was free with the 4E digital PC creation software/subscription. Whatever the case I stopped reading it for those few years. I dont read Dragon+ either. It would be great if it came back. I truly believe that theres enough of an audience to bring it back in print in some capacity.

In addition to the print media dying off, I think another problem you run into here in America is the mailing. As someone who handles mail that's delivered to my job, there's no end of troubles with the post office - especially going back about four months. I'd routinely get envelopes that'd been sitting at the post office for two or three weeks. I can't imagine that getting Dragon magazines out in a more timely efficient way would be easier than these.

Maialideth

Explorer
I agree, I miss it as well. My favorite article of all time is the Trifling Treasures. I still use it in my games today, but with a file I made in Inspiration Pad Pro. I combined it with the individual treasure tables from DMG for whenever my players loot random stuff.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases