Level Up (A5E) Dangerous Strikes Combat maneuvere

Blackwarder

Adventurer
Is it just me or does this seems to weak to waste exertion point on it?

Shouldn’t it be a stance instead of 1 round action, or have a bigger crit range? Or am I missing some sort of dipper interaction with the rules and classes?

Dangerous Strikes (1 point)
1st degree Razor’s Edge action
The execution and follow through of your strike is exquisite with not an iota of force wasted.
When you activate this maneuver, you take the Attack action and make a weapon attack, as well as any additional attacks granted by Extra
Attack. Until the start of your next turn, your weapon attacks score a critical hit on a roll of 19–20.
If you already have a feature that increases the range of your critical hits, your critical hit range increases by 1 (maximum 17–20).

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Is it just me or does this seems to weak to waste exertion point on it?

Shouldn’t it be a stance instead of 1 round action, or have a bigger crit range? Or am I missing some sort of dipper interaction with the rules and classes?
it stacks with strike the cracks (stance), perfect edge stance, dispelling assault, heart of the sword (stance), & hardy weapons, perfect fist (adept ability), furious momentum/crushing blows (berserker things), champion of the arena/focus shot:center of mass (fighter thing),& improved critical (rogue thing).

it doesn't seem that getting down to 17-20 is that hard for a character trying to but being a 1st degree maneuver dangerous strikes lowers the bar of doing that when it really matters.

Blackwarder

Adventurer
it stacks with strike the cracks (stance), perfect edge stance, dispelling assault, heart of the sword (stance), & hardy weapons, perfect fist (adept ability), furious momentum/crushing blows (berserker things), champion of the arena/focus shot:center of mass (fighter thing),& improved critical (rogue thing).

it doesn't seem that getting down to 17-20 is that hard for a character trying to but being a 1st degree maneuver dangerous strikes lowers the bar of doing that when it really matters.

Thanks!

Strike the cracks (stance), perfect edge stance & heart of the sword (stance) are all high degree maneuvere.
Dispelling assault is an attack action maneuvers and I don’t think You can use two maneuvers on the same action.
The only hardy weapons in the game are adamantine ones.
And most of the the class features kick in at 7th level.

So all in all, not the first maneuver I’ll pick.

Might be worth picking the feat that grant you free use of the manuever.

Cake Mage

Explorer
Could have added something like, if you fail to crit with any of the attacks you made after activating you regain the use of the exertion point. Makes it more reliable but you still need to have an exertion to use it

Faolyn

(she/her)
Also you can always do a press the attack to get advantage so the chance of crit gets decent.
Plus there are abilities sprinkled around that can increase your crit range to 17-20. With advantage on such a roll, critting becomes a lot more likely.

Blackwarder

Adventurer
Plus there are abilities sprinkled around that can increase your crit range to 17-20. With advantage on such a roll, critting becomes a lot more likely.

Still only 36% crit chance with 17-20 range and advantage, and by the time you can reach this there are better maneuvers for crit builds.

Remove ads