D&D 5E Dante's Inferno 5e Kickstarter of the Divine Comedy

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here..."

Inferno is the first original Dantesque Campaign Setting for the 5th Edition of the most important RPG ever created (and played!).

We are working for three years to complete this project exactly on the occasion of the 7th centenary of the death of Dante Alighieri (1321-2021) and our project will adapt The Divine Comedy, an epic narrative poem widely considered to be the pre-eminent work in Italian literature and one of the greatest piece of world literature, into a tabletop role-playing game. All perfectly combined with the sense of wonder, the spectacularity and the amusement of the 5th Edition!

Our Inferno is not just a hell-themed Campaign Setting like many others, but a unique and unforgettable experience. We have studied the original poem for years and translated in the game every monster, phenomenon, environmental effect, situation, and peril of Dante's Inferno, to let the players having a complete, philological experience of the content.

cover_dantes_guide_to_hell.png

ART!

Hero
That looks amazing! Don't think I can afford the physical books, but there's a good chance I'll spring for the PDFs.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
It looks nice and my interest is piqued. But it seems a bit on the spendy side.

March 25 was chosen as Dante Day as scholars believe it was on this date that Italy's greatest poet descended into Hell for the first part of his epic journey through the Inferno, Purgatorio and Paradiso.

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
March 25 was chosen as Dante Day as scholars believe it was on this date that Italy's greatest poet descended into Hell for the first part of his epic journey through the Inferno, Purgatorio and Paradiso.

I expect this is because it's the traditional date of the Crucifixion, and the Comedy definitely takes place over the Easter Triduum (although Good Friday in 1300 fell on April 8th; Dante wasn't a stickler for details like that, it seems). It's also the date of the Annunciation, since Christ is believed to have died on the same day of the year he was conceived, and Tolkien used it for the destruction of the One Ring and the last defeat of Sauron.

Any idea if there are plans to follow this up with adaptations of the Purgatorio and Paradiso? Those probably aren't as gameable, alas.

Smashing it out of the park.,
"200.000 Euros," and yes, they separated the thousands digits with decimal points rather than commas. Dante Alighieri was Italian, after all.
165737608_297847405016616_6706846266794899624_o.jpg

Wow, this Kickstarter is knocking out stretch goals left, right, and center.

"Through me the way is to the city dolent; Through me the way is to eternal dole; Through me the way among the people lost" -Dante Alighieri (translated by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow), ‘Divine Comedy’

One criticism is that the stretch goals are not super attractive. The good n is that the team is working to ensure stretch goals that are too ambitious do not creep in and delay this wonderful product.

I bet many here have backed Kickstarters and GaneOnTabletop that fail to deliver (looking at Paizo Kingmsker for Pathfinder 2e).

Anyway, here is a graphic of the Inferno goodies.

166647321_299777824823574_4823568370364128148_n.jpg

Urriak Uruk

Debate fuels my Fire
It is truly an incredible looking kickstarter, I recommend folks look at that design in their quickstart PDF.

Even if you run a more conventional D&D campaign, I think this is a great concept to apply if a party is wiped by a TPK or if they want to save a slain PC. Applying these rules to the Great Wheel's Nine Hells (or any other evil afterlife) seems like a great idea, and would work fairly well.

So today is the last day to back Dante's Inferno for 5e.

The creators are European so project ends on Central European Time 1815

Attachments

• 171021745_305559814245375_1927613157598304147_n.jpg
    171021745_305559814245375_1927613157598304147_n.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 2

An Advertisement

Advertisement4