D&D 5E Dante's Inferno 5e Kickstarter of the Divine Comedy

imagineGod

Legend
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here..."

Inferno is the first original Dantesque Campaign Setting for the 5th Edition of the most important RPG ever created (and played!).

We are working for three years to complete this project exactly on the occasion of the 7th centenary of the death of Dante Alighieri (1321-2021) and our project will adapt The Divine Comedy, an epic narrative poem widely considered to be the pre-eminent work in Italian literature and one of the greatest piece of world literature, into a tabletop role-playing game. All perfectly combined with the sense of wonder, the spectacularity and the amusement of the 5th Edition!

Our Inferno is not just a hell-themed Campaign Setting like many others, but a unique and unforgettable experience. We have studied the original poem for years and translated in the game every monster, phenomenon, environmental effect, situation, and peril of Dante's Inferno, to let the players having a complete, philological experience of the content.

cover_dantes_guide_to_hell.png

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
That looks amazing! Don't think I can afford the physical books, but there's a good chance I'll spring for the PDFs.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
It looks nice and my interest is piqued. But it seems a bit on the spendy side.

imagineGod

Legend
March 25 was chosen as Dante Day as scholars believe it was on this date that Italy's greatest poet descended into Hell for the first part of his epic journey through the Inferno, Purgatorio and Paradiso.

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
March 25 was chosen as Dante Day as scholars believe it was on this date that Italy's greatest poet descended into Hell for the first part of his epic journey through the Inferno, Purgatorio and Paradiso.

I expect this is because it's the traditional date of the Crucifixion, and the Comedy definitely takes place over the Easter Triduum (although Good Friday in 1300 fell on April 8th; Dante wasn't a stickler for details like that, it seems). It's also the date of the Annunciation, since Christ is believed to have died on the same day of the year he was conceived, and Tolkien used it for the destruction of the One Ring and the last defeat of Sauron.

Any idea if there are plans to follow this up with adaptations of the Purgatorio and Paradiso? Those probably aren't as gameable, alas.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases