Daredevil Season 4 under development for Disney+

wmarshal

Villager
I would still love to see that happen. Screw canon and let Colleen become Iron Fist.
It would have been cool. It would be a better and more organic way to have a female focused show instead of doing some of the ham-fisted and lazy gender flips I’ve seen occur. Don’t make the hero a female, make the female a hero.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That's a pretty broad definition needed to put them in the same spot.

If you think that hitting all but one major defining point of the character (Danny is an orphaned rich white kid, Shang-Chi isn't) is "pretty broad" well, then we will just have to disagree.

If he did I missed it. But I easily could have missed it.

I think that he was already shown in one of the trailers, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, it's an impressive feat of movie-making. Have you seen 1917? While not actually one take, it is strung together to appear as such, and it is amazing the amount of immediacy and immersion you get from it.

How they were generally done in one cut was mind numbing. I can't imagine the number of takes.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
Yeah, it's an impressive feat of movie-making. Have you seen 1917? While not actually one take, it is strung together to appear as such, and it is amazing the amount of immediacy and immersion you get from it.
I still need to see 1917. That approach was amazing in Birdman. And of course all the long multi-minute takes in Children of Men, though that one doesn't try to keep it up for most of the movie.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Years ago I was watching a documentary about ... I want to say Jackie Chan. And they were talking about the filming, and about how Hollywood wants to cut the shots all these different ways to make it feel dynamic and a bunch of other adjectives, but by keeping the shot, including showing the effects of a hit instead of just moving onto the next hit made a stronger and more visceral fight sequence in their opinion.

Oooh, yeah, some of those shots in Children of Men are just amazing.

1917 is super-worth checking out. It is just intense. I also think it's funny that the biggest stars in it just have cameos.

I still need to see 1917. That approach was amazing in Birdman. And of course all the long multi-minute takes in Children of Men, though that one doesn't try to keep it up for most of the movie.

If you look at a lot of those older martial arts and action movies, the emphasis is on the actor's technique and skill, so you want to show that in full. Not just a spliced together rapidfire series of cuts.

Years ago I was watching a documentary about ... I want to say Jackie Chan. And they were talking about the filming, and about how Hollywood wants to cut the shots all these different ways to make it feel dynamic and a bunch of other adjectives, but by keeping the shot, including showing the effects of a hit instead of just moving onto the next hit made a stronger and more visceral fight sequence in their opinion.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
It would have been cool. It would be a better and more organic way to have a female focused show instead of doing some of the ham-fisted and lazy gender flips I’ve seen occur. Don’t make the hero a female, make the female a hero.
Season 2 they did have Colleen become Iron Fist (or White Fist anyway) - so its already set up for Colleen to take over the role and thus have proper asian represntation while Danny goes off to find himself.

a Daughters of the Dragon - Heroes for Hire set up is probably better for transitioning the street crew over to MCU anyway, I’d be down for that

Haiku Elvis

Knuckle-dusters, glass jaws and wooden hearts.
They already did. What do you think Shang-Chi was? They won't bother using the Iron Fist name, but the character abilities are close enough for government work.

Iron Fist is a golden opportunity to tell stories about cultural clash and appropriation, or to adjust the Marvel continuity and make the Iron Fist multicultural at its root. Either one would have been a decent call, but they didn't do either.

I was actually fine with the actor. I think the character was written poorly.
I agree in the defenders and his cameo in Luke Cage he was fine. It was the fact he was basically the patsy in his own story just bumbling along while everyone else did the interesting stuff that was the issue.

Remove ads