Daredevil Season 4 under development for Disney+

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I agree in the defenders and his cameo in Luke Cage he was fine. It was the fact he was basically the patsy in his own story just bumbling along while everyone else did the interesting stuff that was the issue.
And the fact that the actor had piddling martial arts skills — him bumbling along was a consequence of his lack of ability, he had improved by season 2 but the damage had already been done

Haiku Elvis

Knuckle-dusters, glass jaws and wooden hearts.
Yeah I agree. Ive heard competing theories that he either didn't want to practice or was hired too late for anything more than the most basic of training. I lean towards the later but don't know the truth behind it.

Stalker0

Legend
And the fact that the actor had piddling martial arts skills — him bumbling along was a consequence of his lack of ability, he had improved by season 2 but the damage had already been done
Also the fact that season 1 iron fist was a whiny, sniveling baby…but apparantely had trained all his life in a mystical monastery to beat out all these other people….riiight.

There is a scene where he’s getting bandaged up and he literally pulls his hands back with a whiny “oooooowwwwww”, and I was just done.

There are so many characters in the MCU now, we can let a few die on the vine, and I think iron fist tops that list

MGibster

Legend
He makes a fine antagonist. But murderous anti-hero protagonists send rather the wrong message these days.
Heck, the television series toned down Castle's murderous nature compared to the comics from the previous twenty years. But I see where you're coming from. I was flabbergasted in 2018 when they released a remake of Death Wish starring Bruce Willis.

Remove ads