• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

3.5 Dark Days in Sion - Act 3: Scene 2

narayan

Villager
In the lair of Kumbakarna

Ordechai: (Initiative: = 8)

Elder Tribesman: (Initiative: =14)

As Ordechai struggles and the spell takes effect, the elder tribesman seems to enter a trance with a strange look of altered perception. No harm seems to come to Ordechai however, so whatever purpose the spell serves is apparently not harmful.

Ordechai: (Strength Check: =16)

Elder Tribesman: (Strength Check: =11)

Ordechai: -Speaking common- "RELEASE ME!" He growls as he yanks his hand free.

The elder tribesman abruptly awakens from the trance, blinking and taking deep breaths as he regains his composure.

Ordechai takes a hasty step back, the skull full of turkey meat dropped and discarded at his feet.

[To Be continued...]
 
Last edited:

narayan

Villager
On the streets of Cabarda

Aletia said:
[Move action - draw a weapon - does not provoke A.O.O]

Aletia bit her lip, trying in her fright to keep pure anger at bay. Oh, how she wanted to lash out at the ankles of the furry lowlife Rhat now threatening her. Yes, that would bring gratification, but the pleasure would be short term. She chose differently. It might hurt, but this was no longer about pain. This was about freedom!

[Standard Action - Sunder an object (attack). May provoke A.O.O depending on interpretation of rules on p141 of PHB.]

Dagger in hand, the young elf reached out to cut the leather binding. Without agility, without her fine legs and soft step released, the Rhat’s sack could still be a threat.

[/COLOR]~Four working limbs first. Revenge later.~

[Attack Leather Cord = 15. Assuming this is a hit against the cord’s AC. Damage = 3]

Your dagger successfully cuts the cord around your ankles, you are free!

Stranger: (Fortitude Save vs. Poison: = 9, FAIL)(Constitution damage: = 3) In the meantime, the stranger recoils from the painful fangs of your familiar, clutching at his wrist in agony as the poison rushes through his veins with debilitating efficiency. "POISON!" He screeches through clenched teeth.


OOC: Burrai: Listen = 3, Spot = 6
Awesome.......
Ersun:
Listen check: 24 (natural 20)
Spot check: 14
[Aletia: Because of the stranger's wound, his minions are distracted and you have a chance to seize the initiative. Roll a new initiative check for round 2.]

[Ersun: You hear the stranger's outcry and the sounds of a struggle. How do you react? If you intend to investigate and inform the others roll initiative and declare your actions.]

[Burrai: Assuming Ersun does inform you of what's occurring down the street, how do you react? (Note: You cannot technically have a higher initiative than Ersun because you cannot react first to what he heard until he reacts and tells you himself. Thus, consider your actions to occur one initiative number over Ersun's, assuming you do react to what he tells you.)]

<End of round 1>
___________________________________________________________
 
Last edited:

p3sent

Villager
Ersun, to investigation

As Ersun steps outside he picks up a distinct sound from the rest of the night: a cry and sounds of struggle. Maybe he noticed due to his race being accustomed to relying on their ears, maybe he is especially aware to everything due to the new and exotic environment, or maybe it was just the way things aligned right now, but it did raise his head at once.

"A cry, fighting, that way!" He quietly informs the others, and goes to investigate. He does not run, but dares not to be too slow either in fear of being late to the site, instead he tries to smoothly approach the source of the noises while modestly watching his steps. It is not his strong suit, but it does not hurt to try. He does nod ahead for Ren, he is much sneakier, so maybe he could go ahead unnoticed faster than they can.

As he gets going he glances back at Burrai, thinking that at least he is not wearing the clankiest attire.

(Initiative: 4)
(Investigation, hid: 17)
(Investigation, move silently: 0)
 

97mg

Villager
Aletia: Out of Bounds

[Aletia: Because of the stranger's wound, his minions are distracted and you have a chance to seize the initiative. Roll a new initiative check for round 2.]
~Yes! Yes!~

Time moves swiftly when you're struggling for your freedom, even moreso in the darkness of night. Although outnumbered, even though this was far from over, Aletia knew that the next few moments were make or break. The young elf and her familiar's future sat on a knife's edge. Heart pumping and with a glaze of fear-coated pride in her eyes, she might finally have a chance to get the upper hand. As much a part of her "self" as one's own mortal flesh, Crez the tiny viper wasn't out of the woods either. One way or another, they both had to get a move on!

[Initiative Round 2 Aletia = 14]
[Initiative Round 2 Crez = 25 - same as round 1]


~Weave, slide, slip away!~

The need to exit with haste, the primal instinct to flee, was unloaded into Crez's tiny scaly head.

[Crez will flee with a full round move action. This might provoke an attack of opportunity from the Stranger. After this he would seek immediate cover. If the nearest safety is to climb somewhere I made a pre-emptive Climb check. Roll = Natural 1 (+11) = Total 12.]


[sblock=Aletia Stats]

ALETIA - Shining in the darkness

Sheet:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=725599
Level
4 Sorceress Init 3, HP Max: 22 Current: 22, Speed 30ft
AC 14, Touch 13, Flat-footed 11, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 4, Base Attack Bonus 2
Longbow +5 to hit / D8 damage (+1 point blank +1 with magic arrows)
Longsword +2 to hit / D8 damage

Familiar Crez (Tiny silver viper) Init 3, HP Max: 11 Current: 11, Speed 15ft
AC 19, Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4, Base Attack Bonus 2
Poisonous Bite +2 to hit / D1 damage (+poison)
Abilities: Deliver touch spells, Alertness, Improved evasion, Spare spells, Empathic link
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Hillsy7

Villager
Burrai Steelborn

With the world rendered in flattened shades of grey by Burrai’s darkvision, the rain caused it to flicker and shift as though they were caught in a snowstorm at dusk. The rain pinged lightly of his plate mail and added a familiar weight to his beard; it reminded him of times spent standing in trenches on battlelines, waiting for the rain to pass so the cavalry could charge, watching for assassins and sappers. Those days were simple, but fulfilling: the camaraderie of soldiers; the shared purpose and shared fears of death and disfigurement. A simple exchange of flesh for coin.

And then his son was gone and those memories seemed so mundane, so…..wasted. No one remember a soldier who held a pike in the face of charging horses; history did not record men who did what was asked of them and took their coin. He sighed. He was freer then, tied to his duty by contract and the fear of the cowards brand, than he was now seeking fame and renown.

Turning his thoughts to what was still required for the last few hours of the night, he stomped through the rain testing his plans, running through chains of events he hadn’t thought of yet should everything go wrong. Then the Rhat suddenly stopped, head cocked.

"I thought I heard someone yelling the name of my master Rasul..."
Ren whispered straining to hear something over the constant patter of rain. Burrai had heard nothing save the tumbling thoughts in his mind clattering together like rocks. Ersun looked away to the left, peering as though he could see the phantom noise.

“A cry. Fighting, that way!” the underfolk hissed. ~Maybe he could~, Burrai thought. Ersun gestured to Ren and scuttled off. Burrai glanced at Jabbar briefly and in their shared gaze realisation grew. Rasul’s name, invoked mere minutes after they’d left the shop. The sound of a fight. A small urchin boy replacing the elf, Aletia, moments before she ducked out into the night.

"Noro!" barked. Hot blood flooded him and he turned the charge after Ersun.

It seemed Burrai Steelborn’s axe was going to bury itself in someone after all tonight.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Bill Is Back!

OOC:
This is a bump to re-activate the post. Last response was January 17th. Wow, it's been awhile.


Meanwhile, at Jabbar's place, downstairs in the cellar, Bill sits quietly, deep within the Elven version of sleep, which to Humans, looks more like meditation. But the trance is deep, and far more restful than mere meditation. And when he awakens, Bill's mind will be fresh, and ready to accept new spells.

[sblock=Billanverthorne's Stats]
BILLANVERTHORNE - a daring and sometimes reckless mercenary,
with a strong sense of duty.

Sheet:
Click here for Bill's Mythweaver sheet

Male Mixed-Blood Elf; Wiz 1 / Fighter 5
Ht: 6'2" Wt: 168 Lbs. Eyes: Icey Blue Hair: Raven Black Spells: 0-Lvl: 3/Day,
1st Lvl: 2/Day Spells in Memory: Read Magic x 1, Detect Magic x 2,
Magic Missile x 1, Shield x 1
Attacks / Damage: Greatsword: +8 / 2d6+2 [Crit: 19-20 x2: 4d6+4]
Composite Longbow: +10 (+11 PB) / 1d8+4 (+5 PB) [Crit:20 x3: 3d8+12 (+15 PB)]
Rapid Shot: +8 / +8 (+9 / +9 PB)
Saving Throws: Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +5
AC: 19, Shielded AC (+4): 23, Flat-Footed AC: 15 (S:19), Touch AC: 13 (S:17)
HP: 47/50 Init: 1d20+4
[/sblock]

[sblock=Bill's Dreams] Click here [/sblock]
 

narayan

Villager
Rats In the Streets of Cabarda

__________________________________________

<Round 2>


Bleeding Damage ( * )
Fire Damage ( # )
Cold Damage ( @ )
Spell Damage ( ^ )
Spell Healing ( ^ )
Poison Damage ( ! )

The order of initiative is:

(25) Crez
(22) Stranger (-3! Con)
(21) Rhats
- Rhat 1
- Rhat 2

(14) Aletia
(4) Ersun
(3) Burrai
_____________________________________________________

As the street urchin (Aletia) squirms prone in the muddy street, brandishing the dagger he used to cut free the leather cord binding his ankles, the stranger's eyes are crazed with fright and concern, whirling about stomping his feet in fear of Crez as the storm continues to thunder around you.

Stranger: "Which type of viper was that?!" He gasps as the venom (and his own fear) trigger an involuntary reaction within him. Suddenly the stubble around his face and his long wiry black hair thicken into a fur while his face lengthens and forms into a snout replete with a a rodents deadly-sharp incisors. His eyes and ears enlarge and redden as well while a long rats tail grows behind him. (Involuntary Change: Standard Action)

This shift in form enhances the strangers strength and constitution considerably, restoring both health and confidence as his tone hardens once more into mocking threats. "Not so easy to poison ME, BOY!" He hisses. "Drop your blade before we gut you!" He threatens drawing his own long dagger. (Move Action)

Emboldened by the sight of their masters shift in form and murderous intent, both Rhats draw daggers and step towards you, hesitating to strike at the last instant in the hopes you come to your senses and surrender out of fear.

Rhat 1: (Move Action: Draw dagger)(Hold Attack action)

Rhat 2: (Move Action: Draw dagger)(Hold Attack action)

[Aletia: What do you do? You have freed yourself from the cord around your ankles, but you are still Prone. Any attempt to attack or flee will provoke attacks from both the Rhats.]

[sblock=Prone]The character is on the ground. An attacker who is prone has a -4 penalty on melee attack rolls and cannot use a ranged weapon (except for a crossbow). A defender who is prone gains a +4 bonus to Armor Class against ranged attacks, but takes a -4 penalty to AC against melee attacks.Standing up is a move-equivalent action that provokes an attack of opportunity.[/sblock]

[Ersun & Burrai: You will both be in range to see and hear Aletia's next action (after she declares it) and may act on your turn(s) at the end of this round. (presumably at a distance of 30 ft.) You may both pre-emptively make Knowledge: Lycanthropy checks if you have not already learned anything about Wererats.]
 
Last edited:

97mg

Villager
Aletia: Reacting to Rodentia

[Aletia: What do you do? You have freed yourself from the cord around your ankles, but you are still Prone. Any attempt to attack or flee will provoke attacks from both the Rhats.]
This was becoming extremely annoying, and scary! Three on one. No honor! It wasn't curtains yet though, the elven lass had survived the last few minutes through quick thinking and trickery... something that would need to continue. At least Crez was out of harms way for now.

In slumboy form, she gasped as her poison-victim's form shifted to something akin to a rat.

~Eww! Horrible!~


That wasn't the only shift however, though Aletia's wasn't of the visible kind. With eyes to the sky beyond her foes, with pale face regarding the heavens above where her dearest Moon lived, she felt a rush of understanding, purpose and resolve. She had been deemed worthy of progress in her God's eyes, and handed a a gift...

Could it help her now? As with all new things, Aletia's youth and exuberance led to quite a temptation. But facts were facts. She was in an awkward position. Her attackers stood ready with blades, just waiting for an opportunity to draw blood.

It was time for a bargain.

"As you wish," the urchin said, dropping his blade onto the rain-ravaged streetside.

He moved to stand, slowly, with hands raised...

"You got me eh?"

[Aletia is using a move action to recover from a prone position. Will hold her standard action, dependent on Rhat's reaction. Should they take an AOO and hit her for substantial damage, I'd like the opportunity to burn fate points to force a re-roll (although this doesn't seem to be on the list of options anymore at the Obsidian Portal Site?)]

[sblock=Aletia Stats]

ALETIA - Shining in the darkness

Sheet:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=725599
Level
5 Sorceress Init 3, HP Max: 28 Current: 28, Speed 30ft
AC 14, Touch 13, Flat-footed 11, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 4, Base Attack Bonus 2
Longbow +5 to hit / D8 damage (+1 point blank +1 with magic arrows)
Longsword +2 to hit / D8 damage

Familiar Crez (Tiny silver viper) Init 3, HP Max: 14 Current: 14, Speed 15ft
AC 19, Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4, Base Attack Bonus 2
Poisonous Bite +2 to hit / D1 damage (+poison)
Abilities: Deliver touch spells, Alertness, Improved evasion, Spare spells, Empathic link
[/sblock]
 

narayan

Villager
[Aletia is using a move action to recover from a prone position. Will hold her standard action, dependent on Rhat's reaction. Should they take an AOO and hit her for substantial damage, I'd like the opportunity to burn fate points to force a re-roll (although this doesn't seem to be on the list of options anymore at the Obsidian Portal site?
You can still force a re-roll, so long as you declare it beforehand.

I will reply to this after work and then Burrai and Ersun can post.



Sent from my SM-N920V using EN World mobile app
 

narayan

Villager
Rats In the Streets of Cabarda

But facts were facts. She was in an awkward position. Her attackers stood ready with blades, just waiting for an opportunity to draw blood.

It was time for a bargain.

"As you wish," the urchin said, dropping his blade onto the rain-ravaged streetside.

He moved to stand, slowly, with hands raised...

"You got me eh?"

[Aletia is using a move action to recover from a prone position. Will hold her standard action, dependent on Rhat's reaction. Should they take an AOO and hit her for substantial damage, I'd like the opportunity to burn fate points to force a re-roll.]
As you rise from the muddy street, now soaking wet, you can hardly imagine a more uncomfortable situation for yourself. Standing within a storm, in the dark, with a wererat and two rhats threatening you with drawn daggers has to be a first.

Stranger: "That was a clever trick with the serpent. Did that old fox Rasul teach you that?" He says with a much squeakier voice. "Clearly you know things, it would be a shame to die so young serving a dead-end like Rasul. His reign will soon be over. Why not change sides and come with us? We can warm ourselves by a fire and talk. If what you say is worthwhile, my boss will ensure your future is secure and reward you greatly. What say you?"

[Ersun & Burrai: It is your turn, what do you do? As you approach you can make Listen Checks, DC 20 to overhear what the Stranger just said to Aletia, but only if you are approaching cautiously. If you are already in the midst of a charge, your hearing won't be that good.]
 

p3sent

Villager
Ersun decides not to sneak

As Ersun spots the situation unfold up ahead he pauses for a moment, it seems things are escalating quickly. Within a few blinks he makes a hard choice between sneaking closer or making a stand against them, hoping to get their attention off the poor girl. He decides to take action right now instead of skulking, gods know that is not his forte. He draws his Wand of Hold Person with his left hand and his greatsword, from the tiny magical scabbard it was in, onto his shoulder with his right, as he moves closer towards the group [10 feet move action]. The the shrilling metalic sound of the large blade drawn softly echoes in the dark.

“Strong against little boys ehh?!” he calls at them at the same time he uses the wand on the wererat, hoping the spell will stick [standard action]. He figures capturing the bully alive would be better than going melee, not because the later would be dangerous, but rather that would make escaping easier for the rat.

Hopefully he will seem more threatening than the little urchin to make them switch targets, heck his strange appearance might even be an advantage with shocking them.

[Listen check: 8]
 

narayan

Villager
In the Lair of Kumbakarna



Dungeon Master said:
Ordechai: (Initiative: = 8)

Elder Tribesman: (Initiative: =14)

As Ordechai struggles and the spell takes effect, the elder tribesman seems to enter a trance with a strange look of altered perception. No harm seems to come to Ordechai however, so whatever purpose the spell serves is apparently not harmful.

Ordechai: (Strength Check: =16)

Elder Tribesman: (Strength Check: =11)

Ordechai: -Speaking common- "RELEASE ME!" He growls as he yanks his hand free.

The elder tribesman abruptly awakens from the trance, blinking and taking deep breaths as he regains his composure.

Ordechai takes a hasty step back, the skull full of turkey meat dropped and discarded at his feet.

[To Be continued...]

[Wrenwil: If you intend to make any aggressive actions you should also roll initiative. I will be NPC'ing Svexyn for the time-being.]
 
Last edited:

Hillsy7

Villager
Burrai Steelborn

The Night sat heavy in the streets of Cabarda; the clouds that brought the rain gave the air almost palpable weight, making Burrai sweat a little beneath his armour despite the temperature. The quiet susurration of raindrops on roofs and cobbles, the dull clatter on his armour, added a blanket of noise pressing in as he tried to listen through it. Not that he heard much over the scrape and rattle of his armour as he followed Ersun at pace.

They hadn’t gone far, the underfolk a lightened smudge against the darkvision greyscale of the street, rain flickering through it so the air looked filled with tiny fireflies. He turned to see Jabbar following, though he wasn’t sure how either would fare in a fight – Jabbar at least it seemed was accustomed to danger, as was his trade. The Underfolk however – he’d seen boys carry swords as large and die as boys, chopped down by old hands with axes like so many saplings.

As Ersun’s back loomed out of the dark, he watched him shoulder his sword and produce a wand. Burrai’s eyebrows shot up; he wasn’t expecting that from a swordsman. He pulled his axe from his belt and slipped his shield onto his arm with practised fluidity. Four forms loomed out of the murk – The Drow elf in her Urchin disguise was there, as he suspected, hands raised in defense before the points of two small Rhat’s wielding daggers. Behind them hulked something monstrous and familiar, its strange piping voice a whisper, meaning squashed beneath the blanket of background noise. Even if they hadn’t just been talking about wrerats, he could’ve made a reasonable guess as to what it was.

“Strong against little boys ehh?!” Ersun snapped and Burrai watched the ripple of magic, a rare flash of deep purple across his colourless vision, spit towards the wererat. It seemed everything was already in motion – it was now time to wrest control. Simple soldiering was rarely about picking times and places, preparation and plans – that was for assassins and one of the reasons he became a commander where all his studies of history bore fruit. Soldiering though taught you to turn and deal with whatever fight was nearest, and Burrai had spent plenty of time as a Soldier.

“Push them back.” He barked at Ersun as he thundered past. “Don’t let them flank me.” Burrai was at full speed a moment later – his powerful legs might not have been great for traversing fields and plains, forests or valleys, but in the tighter confines of a town or Dwarven Stronghold violent bursts of movement were the difference between life and death.

“I said!” He roared, tucking his head behind his shield at the last moment. “Move back!” And he cannoned into the Rhat, the great face of his shield sweeping in a wide arc trying to clear Aletia space to retreat and interpose himself. Few, if any, could pass straight through Burrai Steelborn when he was set…..

[sblock=Bull-Rush]Attempting a bullrush to push them away from Aletia - that's an opposed STR check, right? so 1d20 +3

....11 (ugh)

add 4 if a Rhat is counted as Small.....?[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

97mg

Villager
Wrenwil: Soiled Meat

Wrenwil's homeland tobacco hadn't been enough. The old cleric's antics with Svexyn failed dismally as a lure or the means of a trade, so he'd stepped back to contemplate. Pentos had surely smiled on them this day, the quick end to a foul demonic beast, the escape from a following horde and all. They were hungry, yet it was time to be thankful for their lives. He whispered a quiet prayer, and in those short moments something clicked. Something in his wrinkled old head connected some dots. It was as though pieces of acquired knowledge finally spoke of greater potential...

Wrenwils grip tensed on his staff as Ordechai was caught in the clutches of the savage shaman, but he would not interfere unless harm had come to his friend. It was hard to tell what had happened actually, as they grappled and the ugly host tapped into what must be some supernatural force. They were trapped, and he wasn't going to be the one to usher in a hail of arrowheads.

Wrenwil moved behind Ordechai as he took some hasty steps back having finally pulling free of the shamans grasp, laying a friendly hand atop the half-dwarf's shoulder.

"Are you ok? Eat not that tainted turkey. Pentos may provide for us, just as was done with the demon. We need only ask."
 
Last edited by a moderator:

narayan

Villager
Rats In the Streets of Cabarda! Round 2



__________________________________________

<Round 2 Continued>


Bleeding Damage ( * )
Fire Damage ( # )
Cold Damage ( @ )
Spell Damage ( ^ )
Spell Healing ( ^ )
Poison Damage ( ! )

The order of initiative is:

(25) Crez
(22) Stranger (-3! Con)
(21) Rhats
- Rhat 1
- Rhat 2

(14) Aletia
(4) Ersun
(3) Burrai
_____________________________________________________

Ersun said:
As Ersun spots the situation unfold up ahead he pauses for a moment, it seems things are escalating quickly. Within a few blinks he makes a hard choice between sneaking closer or making a stand against them, hoping to get their attention off the poor girl. He decides to take action right now instead of skulking, gods know that is not his forte. He draws his Wand of Hold Person with his left hand and his greatsword, from the tiny magical scabbard it was in, onto his shoulder with his right, as he moves closer towards the group [10 feet move action]. The the shrilling metalic sound of the large blade drawn softly echoes in the dark.

“Strong against little boys ehh?!” he calls at them at the same time he uses the wand on the wererat, hoping the spell will stick [standard action]. He figures capturing the bully alive would be better than going melee, not because the later would be dangerous, but rather that would make escaping easier for the rat.
All three of the rodentia turn their heads at the sound of your voice in alarm and surprise just as the wands magic targets the Wererat.

Stranger: (Saving Throw Vs. Wand, DC 16: = 6, FAIL) The Wererat is immediately paralyzed!


Burrai said:
“Push them back.” He barked at Ersun as he thundered past. “Don’t let them flank me.” Burrai was at full speed a moment later – his powerful legs might not have been great for traversing fields and plains, forests or valleys, but in the tighter confines of a town or Dwarven Stronghold violent bursts of movement were the difference between life and death.

“I said!” He roared, tucking his head behind his shield at the last moment. “Move back!” And he cannoned into the Rhat, the great face of his shield sweeping in a wide arc trying to clear Aletia space to retreat and interpose himself. Few, if any, could pass straight through Burrai Steelborn when he was set…..

[sblock=Burrai Bull-Rush]Attempting a bullrush to push them away from Aletia - that's an opposed STR check, right? so 1d20 +3

....11 (ugh)

add 4 if a Rhat is counted as Small.....?[/sblock]
[sblock=Rules for Bull-Rush]You can make a bull rush as a standard action (an attack) or as part of a charge. When you make a bull rush, you attempt to push an opponent straight back instead of damaging him. You can only bull rush an opponent who is one size category larger than you, the same size, or smaller.

Initiating a Bull Rush
First, you move into the defender’s space. Doing this provokes an attack of opportunity from each opponent that threatens you, including the defender. (If you have the Improved Bull Rush feat, you don’t provoke an attack of opportunity from the defender.) Any attack of opportunity made by anyone other than the defender against you during a bull rush has a 25% chance of accidentally targeting the defender instead, and any attack of opportunity by anyone other than you against the defender likewise has a 25% chance of accidentally targeting you. (When someone makes an attack of opportunity, make the attack roll and then roll to see whether the attack went astray.)

Second, you and the defender make opposed Strength checks. You each add a +4 bonus for each size category you are larger than Medium or a -4 penalty for each size category you are smaller than Medium. You get a +2 bonus if you are charging. The defender gets a +4 bonus if he has more than two legs or is otherwise exceptionally stable.

Bull Rush Results
If you beat the defender’s Strength check result, you push him back 5 feet. If you wish to move with the defender, you can push him back an additional 5 feet for each 5 points by which your check result is greater than the defender’s check result. You can’t, however, exceed your normal movement limit. (Note: The defender provokes attacks of opportunity if he is moved. So do you, if you move with him. The two of you do not provoke attacks of opportunity from each other, however.)

If you fail to beat the defender’s Strength check result, you move 5 feet straight back to where you were before you moved into his space. If that space is occupied, you fall prone in that space.[/sblock]

Your bull rush provokes an attack of opportunity from Rhat 1 (You do not have the Improved Bull Rush feat)

Rhat 1: (Attack of Opportunity: = 21, Hit!)(Location: Right Hand)(Damage: = 1)

The Rhat whirls around and stabs at you with his dagger the instant your shield slams into him. The point of his small dagger manages to cut your right hand (presently holding your axe I presume?)

Rhat 1: (Opposed Strength Check: = 5, FAIL)

Your bull rush is successful, the Rhat is knocked back 5ft with a painful squeak to lay prone beside the paralyzed Wererat.

<End of Round 2>

[Burrai: Please Roll a Saving Throw vs. Poison]

[Everyone: Roll new Initiative for round 3. Please Note, you may speak and/or give orders before any initiative actions take effect as a free action.]
 

Advertisement

Top