1D6 = [2] = 2

New stats:
4D6 = [4, 4, 6] = 14
4D6 = [5, 5, 3] = 13
4D6 = [5, 5, 4] = 14
4D6 = [4, 4, 3] = 11
4D6 = [6, 4, 5] = 15
4D6 = [5, 5, 3] = 13

Oh my goodness. No matter what I do lately, I wind up with mediocre rolls. It's technically better than Standard Array, so I'll take it, I guess. I was looking at a Fighter. I assume since we have a Mystic that UA is available? Because since the last two came out, I've been thinking of a Rune Knight Fighter, potentially a grappler. I feel it would lend itself well to that. I've also had a thought for a two weapon fighter for a long time that I've never used. Thoughts?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Since we are melee heavy, you can do even suboptimal options without fearing to cripple the party :) Feel free to experiment

That assumes someone in the city will pay for the true resurrection. Remember she was disintegrated. There's no body so raise dead and resurrection won't cut it. Do we have 25,000 gp? Her father will pony up the money. But he doesn't even know she's dead yet.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Initial Rolls.

Dark Fairytale Stats: 4D6 = [4, 3, 4, 6] = 17
4D6 = [5, 5, 1, 3] = 14
4D6 = [5, 5, 3, 4] = 17
4D6 = [4, 1, 4, 3] = 12
4D6 = [6, 4, 2, 2] = 14
4D6 = [5, 5, 2, 2] = 14

Reroll 1's
Dark Fairytale Rerolls (corrected): 1D6 = [2] = 2
1D6 = [2] = 2

Reroll 2's (Cause I forgot to)
Dark Fairytale Rerolls (forgot to reroll 2s): 1D6 = [5] = 5
1D6 = [4] = 4
1D6 = [3] = 3
1D6 = [2] = 2

New stats:
4D6 = [4, 4, 6] = 14
4D6 = [5, 5, 3] = 13
4D6 = [5, 5, 4] = 14
4D6 = [4, 4, 3] = 11
4D6 = [6, 4, 5] = 15
4D6 = [5, 5, 3] = 13

Oh my goodness. No matter what I do lately, I wind up with mediocre rolls. It's technically better than Standard Array, so I'll take it, I guess. I was looking at a Fighter. I assume since we have a Mystic that UA is available? Because since the last two came out, I've been thinking of a Rune Knight Fighter, potentially a grappler. I feel it would lend itself well to that. I've also had a thought for a two weapon fighter for a long time that I've never used. Thoughts?
There's a rune fighter now? Sorry been out of the loop I'll take a look.

Edit: I see no issue with the runeknight.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Yeah, they reimagined the Giant Soul Sorcerer and felt that it would work better as a Fighter subclass, giving the fighter a lot of versatility, though not quite as much as a Battlemaster, with a little bit of the magic of an Eldritch Knight. The put Runes on their weapons and armor, and that gives them special abilities. Technically, anyone carrying the item with the Rune can use the special ability.

Still waffling between a hand to hand combatant, or a two weapon fighter. The only real difference would be the Fighting Style he takes and one Feat. The new UA has a good one for Unarmed Fighting.

Unarmed Fighting
Your unarmed strikes can deal bludgeoning damage equal to 1d6 + your Strength modifier. If you strike with two free hands, the d6 becomes a d8.
When you successfully start a grapple, you can deal 1d4 bludgeoning damage to the grappled creature. Until the grapple ends, you can also deal this damage to the creature whenever you hit it with a melee attack.

It's a great fighting style. Being able to grow large a few times a day means he can grapple Huge creatures with advantage. Take the Prodigy Feat to get Expertise in Athletics, and I can grapple Dragons with relative ease.

The only thing is, the Runes the Rune Master can make can only go on Armor, Shield and weapons. They don't actually enhance those things, but you only get the abilities if you have them on your person. So it makes more sense to be a two weapon fighter, each weapon having a magic Rune on it. I could still technically get the Prodigy Feat to help with Grappling, if I want to do that later, but still. There's also the point that two weapon fighters can have two magic weapons, whereas a hand to hand combatant has zero.

So I'm a little torn. I'll think about it a little longer.

tglassy

Adventurer
I've done some thinking, and Two Weapon Fighting is very Bonus Action heavy, and Rune Knights use their Bonus Actions a lot for other things. I could go with a Greatsword, but I just feel like I'm missing an opportunity to make a good Jiu Jitsu/boxing fighter. I've always seen Monks as more Eastern Martial Arts, while this would be more MMA. In heavy armor. Because reasons.

Taking the Prodigy Feat at lvl 1 to get Expertise on Athletics, so he can grapple easily. He'll have a 20 strength from his two ASI's at lvl 6, so his Athletics Checks will be +11. When Large, that'll be with Advantage. If I pick the Ice rune, then I can make that a +12 for a bit every day.

His Unarmed Combat means he does a d8 damage when both hands are empty, a d6 when grappling, and when he does grapple, he does an extra d4 of damage, and does that damage every time he hurts someone while grappled, plus another d6 while large. So that's 2d6+1d4+5 every hit while grappling someone while large. Not too shabby. I'll probably pick up the Martial Adept Feat later, so he can get Restraining Strike from the last UA, which will only help his grappling more. I swear, I'm going to grapple the big bad and hold his face in a toilet.

He'll probably carry a Shield, but may or may not use it. That way he can have his two Runes, one on the armor, and the other on a shield. It'll be nice to be able to don it when attacked by range things or when he needs an extra +2 AC. I just need to decide what two Runes he has. They each get one passive ability and one active one, and I'm torn.

So basically, he's really, really good against one or two enemies.

Question: How much can we use crafting? If my character was a blacksmith and wants to craft his own armor or weapons for the others, how would that work?

I'll get the write up on him and his backstory soon. I'm thinking horrifically tragic. We have enough pretty people, what with everyone being half elven and all.

There is downtime between missions. But the current mission took two years in real time and still isn't done. (That's how long I've been around.) In game it's probably been about a week, maybe 10 days.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases