• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Phoenix

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
As the Blackguard is to the Paladin, I am looking for an opposed creature to the Phoenix. Does anybody have one or know where I can find the stats for one online?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
jean grey? :)

what sort of thing were you looking for? more than just a "reverse" phoenix?

Hashmalum

Explorer
I was working on such a thing, but I don't think I ever finished it. One odd twist I made to it was that it was reborn from the ashes of a good aligned creature immolated by an evil creature, rather than from its own ashes. I figured as the servants of a god of genocide, it was appropriate.

Fieari

Explorer
Why not just make it a phoenix with some abilities reversed... you can even keep some of the "good" powers it has, since it can use them on itself (keep heal, for example, so it can still heal itself)

So add:

(always active) detect good, protection from good
(At will) Inflict light wounds, harm, poison, fear, bestow curse
(1/day) Magic jar, Trap the Soul
(10 round ritual) Dispel good

That should make for a decent Dark Phoenix, if lacking in flavor.

cavish

First Post
I saw the movie Aladdin recently and the bird that attacked them made me think of a "dark " pheonix. Ice fromed over the land in its approach and froze the water and covered everything in snow. Though it didn't exhibit any other supernatural abilities you could just change the pheonix's fire based powers to cold and switch its alignment to evil. I thought about calling it the Cryonix. Pretty cheesy maybe but its a start.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
You know, I own the movie on DVD and having watched it fairly recently I can tell you for sure that there was no "ice bird" in it. Maybe you are thinking of the animated series?

Madstylz

First Post
Frukathka said:
You know, I own the movie on DVD and having watched it fairly recently I can tell you for sure that there was no "ice bird" in it. Maybe you are thinking of the animated series?

I think he means Sinbad cartoon (Brad Pitt & Catherine Zeta). :)

However, the Ice Bird in Sinbad would probably be a Roc. The Goddess who summoned the Roc was also the same entity who casted the spell to bring freezing cold into the area.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads