Dark Sun .... and then? (A thread for wish listing)

Cyronax

Explorer
Well I started gaming with D&D in 1992 in 8th grade. The first setting I fell in love with was Dark Sun (and later Greyhawk and then a decade later with Eberron).

Anyway, I want to discuss 'fluff' aspects of the new Dark Sun that the WotC developers will throw into next year's campaign setting.

They mentioned that they're rebooting back to the first boxed set's timeline. Its a simpler and more brutal, arid world.

- I do hope that they update (in some fashion) City by the Silt Sea. That was
one of the best D&D products I ever purchased.

- I hope that they give Templars their own divine or warlocky-arcane class. Each iteration of the campaigns for 4e has a dedicated class in its player's guide. I hope that Templar is the one they choose.

- I really really hope that races like gnomes and warforged are treated as unique or extremely rare and are not jammed into the setting, ala kitchen sink FR or Eberron.

- Muls rock. I hope its one of the new races in the pending players guide.

- What are dragon kings/avignon (sp?)? Are they going to be an epic destiny, simply?? I hope not. I want a full new rules set for the arcane evolution of preservers and defilers into higher lifeforms. Yes its a tacked-on system, but these creatures deserve nothing less.

C.I.D.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Some of mine:
  • While they obviously will have it. I of course am waiting to see Thri-Keen.
  • I hope that the Spellplagued, Dragonmarked, etc. of Dark Sun are Psionic Wild Talents. I hope they won't just be pushed off as Psionic Multi-Class.
  • I am curious to see whether or not they will have new armour and weapons or not. While certainly easy to just state ordinary stuff is made of bone, chitin, obsidian, and rock. Be interesting to see if they didn't do that.
Overall I am just interested to see what they do.

Remove ads