Dark Sun + Dune + Tattooine + Darwin's World

The Weapons Master from Black Company seems to fit the "battle" aspects of the Bene Geserit: fast movement, flurry of blows, disciplined mind, etc. and all with weapons instead of just unarmed.

NCSUCodeMonkey

Gez

First Post
Do not forget to put in the Changelings (as Bene Tleilax masters) and Doppelgangers (as their Face-Dancers).

One could say the reverse, given that Doppelgangers are more powerful than Changelings -- but Face-Dancers are engineered to be the pinacle of imitation. Tleilaxu changelings would just have many character levels (the most fitting seeming to be Rogues, who would have Knowledge Religion as a class skill -- they're all Zensunni mystics).

EricNoah

Adventurer
Turanil said:
With some tweaks for sure. Maybe a mixture of Monk and Akashic, maybe with some sneak attack?

That sounds almost exactly like my Akashic Monk:

The akashic monk is the akashic class with a few minor differences.
o The akashic monk has “good” Reflex saves in addition to “good” Will saves.
o The akashic monk starts with no armor or shield proficiencies.
o At first level the akashic monk gains Improved Unarmed Strike plus one other bonus feat, selected from the following list (the character must meet the prerequisites): Defensive Move*, Defensive Stance*, Defensive Unarmed Strike*, Deflect Arrows*, Eidetic Memory, Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Expertise*, Improved Grapple*, Intuitive Sense*, Iron Will, Mobility*, Resistance to Disease, Resistance to Poison, Sense the Unseen, Skill Focus (any), Speed Burst*, Weapon Finesse*.
o At 2nd level the akashic monk gains another bonus feat from this list.
o *These bonus feats are only available to the akashic monk when he is in medium, light or no armor.

Unarmed damage starts at d6 (medium or large character) or d4 (small character). In addition, the akashic monk can increase his unarmed damage one step as a minor akashic ability, another step as a lesser akashic ability, and a third or even fourth step as a greater akashic ability. The steps are d4 -- d6 --d8 --d10 -- d12 -- 2d8.

The akashic monk gains access to the same lists of akashic abilities as the core akashic class, plus the following:

New Minor Akashic Monk Abilities:
• Increased Unarmed Damage: Your unarmed attack die increases. You can only take this once as a minor ability.
• Overcome Damage Reduction (Magic, Cold Iron and Silver): Your unarmed attacks are treated as magic, cold iron, and silver weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
• Overcome Damage Reduction (Slashing and Piercing): Your unarmed attacks are treated as slashing and piercing weapons (as well as blunt weapons) for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

New Lesser Akashic Monk Abilities:
• Increased Unarmed Damage: Your unarmed attack die increases. You can only take this once as a lesser ability.
• Overcome Damage Reduction (Adamantine): Your unarmed attacks are treated as adamantine weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

New Greater Akashic Monk Abilities:
• Increased Unarmed Damage: Your unarmed attack die increases. You take this up to two times as a greater ability.
• Overcome Damage Reduction (Ultimate): Your unarmed attacks are treated as any material to bypass damage reduction. Your attacks only fail to penetrate DR when nothing penetrates it (as in DR 5/--).

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
diaglo said:
truthfully i'd scrap d02.

use the Fast Play rulz for Alternity.

play a scavenger ship lost in space going from planet to planet to survive.

kill things and take their stuff.

So, leave behind the planet? The planet that is the core of all the OP talked about? Abandon the setting (the desert planet) the OP wanted, in favor of a generic space-bop? I think we're using slightly different definitions of "helpful suggestion."

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
I think that this is a great idea, but that's mostly based on my love of SW and Dune. I would probably use Grim Tales, with the SWd20 Force stuff converted into feats and talents (the Psychic's Handbook might be good for this). The Athasian lack of metal might provide a good alternate reason for the proliferation of short blades, provided you're not using Dune-style shields. The signature weapon of the Jedi could be either a chrysknife or a light chrysknife-tipped slashing spear; Sith might use those (better, technologically advanced ones like the Imperial Guards' force pikes 'cause they are the big houses).

You could set it up as a war between Jedi and Sith where they're on a more equal footing, like the Atreides/Harkonnen kanly. So neither of them is the underdog.

Remove ads