• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Sun: The Dwarf died! How do I resurrect him?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I say bring him back as a Revenant until he meets some sort of criteria for a "real" resurrection.

Of course, there's always Reincarnation. That's always my fav.

S

Sunseeker

Thanks everyone for your comments & suggestions. I already made a map of the burial mount with altar where the ancient ritual will be performed, and a horde of minion skeletons to raise once it's finished.

As for the why, I'll just answer that I like the DS setting and I see no reason why I shouldn't change the game to suit my needs if I think it benefits me, the players, and the gameplay... In that order ;)

Then you are a wise DM indeed. The key to fun is a good game for all.

Cherno

Explorer
Can anyone recommend me a board where I can go and actually not be afraid to talk about WHY and express opinions on conditions of play?

Also I think those saying dark sun's flavors about character death, ARE what make dark sun dark sun. There are several quotes from Dark sun books here and well though out opinions http://dungeonsmaster.com/2010/07/dark-sun-is-deadly/ .

If you want to mod me go ahead, but I figured Enworld was a place where people can come and discuss the merits and qualities of campaigns. If you go into a campaign that has certain notions of what is to be expected and you DO go against the flow of that setting, you SHOULD expect people to come in and say you are not playing in the spirit of what the designers meant. It's FINE if you aren't, but please know that the setting was not created for this type of play. Thanks!

I have to ask, who are you talking to at the moment?

S

Sunseeker

no one, just forget it. I'll delete the whole thing and go else where. Censorship here has become stifling beyond belief.

DeviantART is the only forum I've ever been on with exactly zero moderation and full support of threadcrapping. Don't expect not to get crap if you give it though.

Obryn

Hero
no one, just forget it. I'll delete the whole thing and go else where. Censorship here has become stifling beyond belief.
...or, I dunno, this may be crazy, but just start up a thread about Dark Sun and make your own points rather than berate someone who was asking a simple question and looking for advice, rather than a couched condemnation of his campaign?

-O

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

If you have a problem with moderation, please take it up with one of the moderators by PM or e-mail. Commentary in-thread is a further derail that serves this discussion no good whatsoever.

But, for those that *really* want an answer, it is simple - what he's calling censorship, we call keeping the thread on-topic so the OP could get the ideas and creativity requested without feeling like the very premise of the game and their choices as a GM were under attack. If you'd wanted to start your own thread on Dark Sun, and what games need to be lethal and why, you'd have been perfectly fine. But, instead, folks started stomping around here with, "You're doing it wrong!" and its variations.

As if there were a "wrong" way to pretend to be elves, other than in a way that wasn't fun for the people at the particular table.

Remove ads