DarkMatter D20: Drunk Southern Girls with Guns ... UPDATED - 8/18/05!

What would you like to see in the DarkMatter campaign?

• Cthulhu, baby

Votes: 66 23.7%
  • More anal probing!

Votes: 66 23.7%
  • Rather less anal probing, thank you.

Votes: 33 11.9%
  • Deeper Conspiracy theory stuff

Votes: 84 30.2%
  • More traditional monster/horror tone

Votes: 29 10.4%

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Horacio said:
For me, in Europe, Monday is finishing (23h39) so I think I won't see a Monday update :(

I hope I will se a Tuesday one :)

Auto-quoting myself :p

Today is Wednesday, still waiting :(

Please, more! :)

rootbeergnome

First Post
Aww man, I just finished this storyhour, and now im another hopeless addict. Please update soon, we are all dying to read this! Your players are great, I especially like the line about "they are aliens, they don't know human families are supposed to be disfunctional" and "they want to drink our vital fluids, im flattered"
Great stuff guys.

Carnifex

First Post
I thinkl jonrog1 has been abducted by aliens, for revealing too many of their secrets - this story hour is really a coded message to us all, trying to tell us the truth!

Hey, a big black car's just pulled up outside my house, and guys in black suits and shades got out. Just off to see what they want...

:D

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Carnifex said:
I thinkl jonrog1 has been abducted by aliens, for revealing too many of their secrets - this story hour is really a coded message to us all, trying to tell us the truth!

Hey, a big black car's just pulled up outside my house, and guys in black suits and shades got out. Just off to see what they want...

:D

NO!

Chris, don't go!

You must flee! They will hurt you!

Quickly, go to the rear door!

jonrog1

First Post
RAW RECRUITS PT. 5

Andy and Stephen, trailed by a quivering Peter Desmond, climbed the bleachers. A ROAR erupted as young Jerry Desmond passed for another touchdown -- unaware that his long-missing, supposedly insane biological mother Heidi Rammock was now his attractive red-headed history teacher Amanda Jernigan.

Amanda smiled at the trio as they approached. "Well, if it's not our ghost-hunters!" she yelled over the babble around them.

"Heidi?" Peter Desmond muttered weakly. At that second, Amanda's face fell -- she knew. Andy and Stephen pressed forward through the cluster of students surrounding the teacher.

"Why don't you come with us, Miss Jernigan?" asked Stephen. He reached forward -- only to be roughly grabbed by a student. He pulled back. Andy and Stephen realized that suddenly, a dozen students were glaring at them. "What the hell --"

"Get away from me!" Amanda screamed. "I don't know what you want!" And with a triumphant glare she DROPPED between the bleachers. Andy caught a glimpse of her disappearing in the shadows. Within moments the Agents were wrestling with the students, shoving back as the high-schoolers grappled them.

"They're not themselves!" yelled Andy. "I think I know where Jerry gets his 'talents' from!" The Agents and Peter Desmond managed to stumble away from the hostile crowd. They raced around the edge of the bleachers, searching.

"What 'talents'? asked Peter Desmond.

"We'll explain later!" Stephen hit the speed dial on his cell phone. "We need help here!"

Ross and Johanna received the call and were on the road within seconds. Their lonely sentry duty back at the Desmond house had produced no new clues. They'd passed the time chatting with the cranky old woman across the street.

DM's NOTE: The cranky old woman who was Amanda Jernigan's LANDLORD, who had the key to her apartment where every detail of her conspiracy lay bare. But no, they STEADFASTLY ignored every hint that this was a clue path.

Back at the game, Andy and Stephen were frantic. Because within seconds --

BRRAHHHHHHH! The horn sounding the end of the game blared. The Agents and Peter Desmond were instantly adrift in a mob of departing students and parents. What had been a crowd before was now an impassable forest of people. They jostled back and forth, heading for the parking lot.

"There!" Stephen pointed. Amanda Jernigan hopped into a black SUV that was already at the texit to the parking lot. They caught a glimpse of a pale face under a dark hat in the driver's seat.

"And there's our ride!" Andy answered. Ross and Jo pulled up in their van within seconds. The Agents piled in, and with hurried explanations let Ross know to follow the SUV. Soon both vehicles were out on the open highway. Jo thumbed the safety off her nine mil as they weaved among the traffic. Headlights flashed across their windshield. Andy leaned forward. "Now that Rammock's cover is blown, she'll probably make her move."

"What move?" asked Ross.

"Her ... move. Keep driving."

Jo rolled down her window. "Ross, get closer!"

"Close enough for you to shoot them? No problem --"

KRACK! KRACK-KRACK! Ross swerved wildly as his windshield cobwebbed. An MiB leaned out from the SUV, a .45 BOOMING in his hand. Jo returned fire gleefully. "Of course, close enough for me to shoot them is close enough for them to shoot us. Sorry!"

Horns blared and tires squealed. Ross slid back and forth across the USV's rear, blocking the Man in Black's firing arc. Jo's rounds PINGED off the back of the SUV. Ross tried to close the gap, but the SUV was modified for speed. Ross jinked left again when suddenly a car in front of them SWERVED to cut him off. He jammed on the brakes, the van slewing hard sideways, fishtailing at 60 mph! Miraculously, Ross wrestled the skidding van down the same offramp the SUV took. But as the van SLAMMED into the guardrail on the outer curve of the exit, the SUV's tail-lights disappeared in the dark.

The Agents disembarked. The exit led off into a forested lake resort area. The road itself was nearly invisible in the dark, overgrown with trees. "We've lost them, and we have no damn idea where they're going!" yelled Stephen.

Andy stared off into the shadows as Ross jammed a jack under the van. "We've got a flat here, you want to help out?"

"This thing I'm doing, staring off into space, it's called 'thinking'." Andy dialed the Hoffman Institute on his cell phone. "Hey, I need an address on a piece of property. It's owned by Susan Desmond ..." He turned back to the others while he waited. "The party out by the lake. We're in the area Susan Desmond mentioned her cabin was in. I bet Heidi Rammock's going to pick up her son."

Andy got the address as Ross managed to fix the flat. In a flash they tore off down the dark road. A light fog rolled in from the nearby lake, smearing their headlights, reducing all their vision to a disorienting tunnel. They slowed as they passed each lonely mailbox. Finally they spotted the correct number, pulled hard left onto a gravel driveway.

Within just twenty yards they reached the summer house. Ross jammed on the brakes. Andy swore. There, stage-lit in the headlights, was a gruesome sight. Silently, the Agents drew their weapons, stepped from their van. The lakeside around them was dead silent. The summer house was set almost to the shore. On both sides of the property the forest walled them up in darkness.

They'd found the football party.

There, on the lawn, lay thirty dead teenagers ...

Remove ads