DarkMatter D20: Drunk Southern Girls with Guns ... UPDATED - 8/18/05!

What would you like to see in the DarkMatter campaign?

• Cthulhu, baby

Votes: 66 23.7%
  • More anal probing!

Votes: 66 23.7%
  • Rather less anal probing, thank you.

Votes: 33 11.9%
  • Deeper Conspiracy theory stuff

Votes: 84 30.2%
  • More traditional monster/horror tone

Votes: 29 10.4%

Doc_Souark

Explorer
Bump For Goodness !!

You changed some details from what was in the core book, I hope you got some more surprises for the team as well :D

O there were 2 Alternity adventures published in the Dungeon, one was the swamp one I told you about. And the other was London Calling set in , you guessed it London you got them ?

jonrog1

First Post
Don't think I tweaked anything appreciatively, may just have left out a few of the little details that the crew themselves didn't focus on.

This one and the first sample adventure played out pretty much as planned, except for Andy's innovative solution for the end of RAW RECUITS. It makes me doubt my adventure design skills, as they thoroughly confounded me on my three homebrews. I comfort myself with the knowledge that by this point they were experienced enough to handle Dark*Matter game style a little more comfortably, and because I gave them totally open choices.

I actually used a phrase which has come back to haunt my gaming group. "That is a perfecty valid story path." Now our rotating DM's delight in laying out meandering side roads which can easily lead impressionable players astray.

The price on Dark*Matter is that this very talented crew of writers (ALL of them are writers) will come up with perfectly valid yet totally out of the blue choices in handling individual crises. I have to scramble constantly.

Example?

Let's just say I didn't anticipate them Fed-Exing the undead.

A little more time must pass before the next update, but I'll leave you with several game quotes from different sessions, all in character because, as we know, they play themselves:

"Wait, didn't we KEEP that anal corer?! I know we did!"

"Ow. Apparently clerics can't turn the undead in the real world."

"Slinging my arm around the shapely teenage girl mechanic, I spray the flames with the gasoline hose."

"I think this geek-boy went Harry Potter on his brother's a$$."

"Everybody get in the van. We're leaving and letting Little Miss Majestic 12 talk her way out of this ..."

jonrog1

First Post
Oh, and I don't have those adventures. Thanks for the heads up, I may hunt them down on EBay.

Ooo, almost forgot one of my favorite moments (although as I said it, I don't know if it counts):

"No, no, those are zombies. This is a zombie horde. Totally different set of rules."

jonrog1

First Post
Unfortunately, I think that story was a true casualty of the board shift -- I don't know if she had it all in a file or not. I'll ask. We were neck deep in angry monkeys, and we hadn't even gotten to the shapeshifters, sewer gibbering mouthers, Vampire Vigils, or drug-crazed priapic priests of Corean ...

Fade

First Post
I know the old boards are closed to the public at the moment, but the information is still there, so I wonder if it would be possible to ask Morrus very nicely to copy/paste the posts to a text file?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Once the new server memory gets installed, there's a good chance that they'll come back up as read-only, albeit temporarily. When they do, we'll try to grab it.

Now more story, dammit! :D

Doc_Souark

Explorer
PC let me sweeten the deal for you, C&P the old thread and I'll send you a picante recipe that'll knock you out of your Penny loafers !! :) I'll have some new ones for you manana PC, Grilled Shimp anyone ?

Remove ads