DarkMatter D20: Drunk Southern Girls with Guns ... UPDATED - 8/18/05!

What would you like to see in the DarkMatter campaign?

• Cthulhu, baby

Votes: 66 23.7%
  • More anal probing!

Votes: 66 23.7%
  • Rather less anal probing, thank you.

Votes: 33 11.9%
  • Deeper Conspiracy theory stuff

Votes: 84 30.2%
  • More traditional monster/horror tone

Votes: 29 10.4%

Dungannon

First Post
I'm still curious about the strips of "something" pinned to the overturned, bloodsoaked mattress in the doorway of the master bedroom.

AGFlynn

First Post
ledded said:
um... AGFlynn, howsabout passing me that Bushmills. And the extra tinfoil.
Not a chance, bud. I need it to dilute my five or six prozac and two tramadol per day "holistic wellness" cocktail.

ledded

Herder of monkies
AGFlynn said:
Not a chance, bud. I need it to dilute my five or six prozac and two tramadol per day "holistic wellness" cocktail.

Oh fine then. But I don't wanna hear no whinin' when I shove the last 4 thorazine into *my* little debbie snack cake.

AGFlynn

First Post
ledded said:
Oh fine then. But I don't wanna hear no whinin' when I shove the last 4 thorazine into *my* little debbie snack cake.
Hey, no sweat. The one thing I learned from Jo is never mess with another person's meds.

KidCthulhu

First Post
AGFlynn said:
Bah. That's pure Disney compared to what's coming next.

You mean everyone's parents are tragically dead, everyone but the hero is freakishly and cartoonisly deformed and the animals all talk to you?

Cool.

resscane

Explorer
Well after reading this story hour, I went out and bought the Dark Matter campaign book, D20 MOdern and D20 Modern Menace, all off ebay or amazon, so it wasnt too bad. Then I went to work trying to hammer a workable system, something I've never done, and being that I'm marreid w/ 2 children and work an extremely stressful job, took a little work. Using this story hour as a guide and my own intuition, i got it together. 4 players have agreed to play, including the one hard to find female. Took some convincing.

So I live in miami, and today a rather wet storm is descending, and an old D&D friend who I bounce ideas off, told me I should make Exit 23 a liitle bit more my own. Hmmmm.

The storm came out of nowhere, you had been lounging om the beach in Miami, getting ready for the MTV video awards, when the hotel management was told they had to evacuate the hotel. WT..,. Man, you had passes to Puff Diddy's pool parties and everything. Tara Reed was gonna be at Crowbar and so were you. This totally sucks. An Aunt lives in Naples, so you decide to hop in your rental car and drive across the state to visit her. Most people were taking Alligator Alley, but you knew of an older road, Tamiami Trail. An old 1 lane road, that conneceted Miami to Naples before the new highways were built. The road is desolate and unkept, but it'll be empty, and thats what you wanted..,

The rain came so hard and fast, it was almost of biblical proportions. You could barely see the road doing 5 miles an hour. Well, at least there were no other cars to worry about. Watch out, an 18 wheeler almost blows you off the road. He had to be doing 60. How the hell could he see where he was driving? You creep on, afraid to go any faster, because you can barely see the road, and there are no guardrails to stop you from going into the swamp here abouts. You pass by a billboard advertising the last truckstop for the next 100 miles. Micosoukee Village Gas Station. 3 miles to go. Stop and fill up. See wally the gator. The home of the original Fan swamp boat.

All of a sudden, the car stalls out. Whats going on. You open the door and water pours into the car. The swamp has risen up and swallowed the road. The engine is half underwater. Crap. You grab your cellphone and back pack and start slogging through the water towards the truck stop. Wind and rain whip your face. Something large splashes behind you. What the heck was that..,

Yah, I think that'll work just fine. Thanks for the inspiration jonrog. ress

Last edited:

jonrog1

First Post
well, seeing as I have time off now, I may finally post the outline/stats (in my homebrew, but it''s idiot-easy) for night of the cattle mutilators, gone missing and dark canada.

Digging the true D20 system by the way. I'd be finished if I could just get FX to work properly...

Remove ads